Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60620
Real Estate Property Manager General Description
Conquest Real Estate Investment Corporation is a small but growing company operating in the Greater Chicago Metropolitan area, including south suburbs, northwest Indiana, and expanding.
Our business model is to purchase residential properties, rehab the properties and then rent out. We are looking for a Real Estate Property Manager to add to our core team. The position is both an operational and management level position that involves the supervision of staff and performing administrative duties.
The Real Estate Property Manager will virtually organize, coordinate, and supervise the company’s operations, be responsible for tenant relations, lease vacant apartments, lease recertifications, property inspections, rent collections, evictions, budgets, and coordinate building maintenance and repairs/rehabs of the Conquest properties.
The Real Estate Property Manager will occasionally be visiting rehab sites and rented properties to understand the company’s operations better. The job will sometimes require being in the field but will primarily be an office/administrative position.
The Real Estate Property Manager is responsible for the department’s strategic planning and working with other departments to further the organization’s overall mission.
Not mandatory but highly preferred:
- People with experience managing construction rehab teams, construction home remodeling/small commercial projects, and creating construction estimates.
- People with experience in the sales field focused on the sales of home remodeling, home enhancement, small commercials rehab services.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of responsibilities for the Real Estate Property Manager, but not limited to:
• Maintain effective tenant relations with all tenants to ensure they know their rights and responsibilities.
• Assist the Operational team in managing landlord-tenant relations.
• Assist the Operational team in managing contractor-tenant relations
• Resolve tenant issues, concerns, disputes as needed.
• Work in conjunction with other departments to provide excellence in housing.
• Alert and support the Operational Team to prepare notices for residents regarding upcoming meetings, access to units, inspections, and general building notices.
• Alert and support the operational team to prepare lease violation letters to tenants that breach lease, building rules, lease riders, or other similar violations. Provide as much information as possible and highlight areas the tenant failed to comply with. Provide evidence like pictures to base the violation or breach.
• Coordinate and attend move-in and move-out inspections.
• Supervise the coordination of all pest-related issues, including attending and monitoring treatment processes and maintenance tasks like landscaping, checking gutters, replacing furnaces/Ac filters, and so on.
• Keep inventory of keys for properties and permits issued.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of Chicago Landlord Tenant Ordinance, Fair Housing law, and regulatory agreements with financial supporters, including but not limited to, programs with the City of Chicago Department, Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA), HUD, CHA, CLIHTF, LIHTCs, financial institutions, and other sources of renter subsidies and affordable rental financing.
Tenant lease recertification/renewal*
• Supervise and support the lease signing with tenants for renewals, new moveins, and recertifications.
• Provide reports about the tenant’s performance.
• Keeps up-to-date with developments in the field of compliance and regulatory requirements for properties.
• Supervise and support the preparation of lease violations and/or 30 days and /or 10-day notices for noncompliance with terms of leases.
The Real estate Property Manager will supervise and support The Operational Team with:
• Monitoring tenant ledgers for delinquency.
• Refers tenants to social service agencies for financial assistance. The Real Estate Property Manager will support the tenants in case of need.
• Update tenant accounts with subsidies as assigned by subsidy agencies.
• Serve 5 and/or 30 day notices by a fifth of each month for all tenant rents not paid.
• Supervise the documentation preparation to initiate legal proceedings for eviction and/or collections of tenants who fail to pay rent and/or other charges for lease violations or other characteristics.
• Support the Operational team with the eviction process and attornies communication.
Maintenance and construction
• Coordinates services call with Operations Team based on the Conquest’s properties needs. Allocate the on-site workers to the services calls and promptly update each service call’s situation to the operational team. Alert immediately about unexpected problems and possible solutions.
• Develop maintenance and preventive procedures for Conquest properties to proactively maintain in excellent conditions conquest properties regularly, like rodding often, checking the roof, checking the gutters and so forth.
• Study and review the history of repairs in the properties, identify the possible issues that a property could have, and set a plan for it ahead of time to avoid more significant and more expensive problems in the future.
• Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly operational tasks for the business operations and property operations and maintenance.
• Create a plan to periodically schedule and attend walk-thru to the properties before section 8 or village inspections. Record and inform the possible violations and the plan to address the violation to the inspection in the first attempt.
• Attend Section 8, Villages inspections, and any other required inspection.
• The real estate property manager is requested to provide the scope of work, daily plan, project duration estimation, labor, and materials required for any repair, small rehab, property enhancement or gut rehab for any Conquest property.
• Provide and review the scope of work and plan to the on-site team before starting the project and alert the operational team about possible modifications before the start of the project.
• Provide before and after videos with the narrative of the work being performed in each property and the final result, including the resources used (materials, labor, subcontractors, and any other).
• Provide daily updates (written reports, videos, conference calls) of the work being performed by the on-site team.
• Obtain bids from contractors and vendors, provide recommendations, and work within the designated budget.
• Contracting vendors.
• Place material orders for property operations.
• Help manage and facilitate ongoing rehab projects and construction work, get external contractors quotes, and schedule contractors’ appointments.
• Review building violation reports and makes sure the employees and the contractors address the violations on time.
• Prepare and update property budgets based on the needings.
• Reviews all monthly reports financial/operational. Works with the accounting department to develop a course of action to address un-budgeted required expenditures or those that would bring the project over budget.
• Assist in maintaining all buildings and grounds in an acceptable manner and under the Capital Improvement Budget.
• Prepare the annual budget and report on financial performance regularly.
• Responsible for completing required reporting on time.
• Provide daily updates to the accounting manager of the purchases+receipts made with a description, and determine which project the purchase was allocated.
• Report the variances of the budget estimated vs. the budget executed for every Conquest property Project.
• Attending daily conference calls with the owner, taking notes, assigning tasks to the virtual team, and ensuring tasks are getting done automatically.
• Printing and uploading receipts, documents.
• Attending meetings on behalf of the company.
• Attending the daily conferences and reporting to management and team.
• Available on the phone during working hours and willing to travel.
• Answer the phone during business hours
• Develop operational plans and documents for the administrative assistants to follow.
• Update Basecamp with detailed information about the tasks being performed.
Other Job Functions:
• Communicate with other departments to coordinate work and achieve objectives.
• Process and approve timesheets for the on-site team weekly.
• Conduct interviews for the following construction job positions: Carpenters, Licensed plumbers, Licensed Electricians, HVAC Technicians, Licensed Roofers and any other required trade.
• Ensure proper employee training.
• Meeting potential tenants, showing them the property and assessing their applications following anti-discrimination laws.
• Advertising vacant properties and hiring a leasing agent to find tenants as needed
• Attend court hearings related to conquest properties and inform the operational team of the outcome.
• Inform the internal Rehab staff (Employees) daily progress on ongoing rehab projects, identifying issues and resolving them automatically.
• Listen to the workers’ requests and doubts. Inform the operational team about it and solve them.
Qualifications for Property Manager
• Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred; equivalent work experience in property management will be considered.
• 5 years of experience in property management.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, CRM software, and must be tech-savvy.
• Experience in Home remodeling construction projects, creating a scope of work, labor, and material.
• Exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
• Strong familiarity and working knowledge of affordable housing laws, Section 8, city of Chicago and surrounding villages Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance and anti-discrimination legislation.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and development of procedures.
• Proven ability to comply with the company’s operational policies and procedures, codes, and regulations.
• Extraordinary capacity to think outside the box to solve problems. Strong time management skills and ability to multitask.
• Must have skills and ability to multitask, working within a fast-paced environment, and meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to communicate all information on time to the Operational Team