Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60505
Fox Valley Forge is looking for a Maintenance Electrician to join our team!
Who are we?
Fox Valley Forge is a premier custom forging and standard steel forging manufacturer that has been established for over 100 years. Fox Valley Forge produces some of the most competitive and advanced forging products available.
Why work for Fox Valley Forge?
- GREAT WORK EXPERIENCE. Working at Fox Valley Forge provides a fun and supportive work environment.
- CULTURE & VALUES. Owned & Operated by the Hoban Family. All employees live out our company values of connecting with people and supporting one another.
- QUALITY. Quality is paramount to our business. We are ISO/TS16949 & ISO 9001 PED registered, and strive to produce the highest quality steel forgings.
- Fox Valley Forge offers lifelong careers! We are always looking for hard working and driven employees to join our team.
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid health reimbursement arrangement
- Company paid disability insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k with a company match and profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral program
- Employee assistance program
- Support the maintenance department by assisting in the troubleshooting of equipment issues, which includes troubleshooting PLC ladder logic and data handling functions.
- Maintain PLC documentation upon receipt from equipment suppliers and an archive of PLC programs and machine controls drawings in an electronic and/or paper format and throughout facility.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair and improve automated equipment including devices, I/O, instruments and all other components associate with automated processes to meet production and safety goals.
- Support various I/O devices connected to PLC’s including HMI’s, scanners, remote I/O, sensors, relays, solenoids, etc., and support/assist maintenance personnel in troubleshooting pneumatic circuits.
- Improve equipment uptime and contribute to Plant reliability maintenance.
- Schedule and complete backups of all electronic machine control and robotic programs on set schedule and develop and maintain Preventive Maintenance Programs.
- Ability to diagnose problems with hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems interfacing with electrical and electronic systems.
- Applies knowledge of electronic and instrumentation principles to determine equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation.
- Implement and maintain data collection system from Plant floor processing equipment.
Identify and implement error-proofing requirements throughout the production process.
- Part of multi-disciplinary Plant Team to determine continuous improvement strategies.
- Identify and plan for process impact(s) as a result of engineering and launch changes.
- Participate in 8D or similar root-cause based problem solving tasks to ensure that abnormalities, when observed, are acted upon to resolve root-causes.
- Contribute to specifications for equipment purchases, which include review and commentary on equipment controls drawings prior to build approval.
- Support in the installation, commission and troubleshooting of automated equipment in all facilities.
Will start out on First Shift for training with hours typically 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Upon completion of training, the schedule will be 3rd Shift from 5:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. with weekend work as needed.
Job Type: Full-time