Commerical Lender II 779
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Clinton, IL 61727
Solicits and services a variety of smaller commercial and/or agricultural loans. Interviews applicants and obtains information regarding earnings and financial condition to evaluate the applicant’s creditworthiness. Approves or denies loan within established limits or refers loan to designated members of Senior Management for approval. May assist more experienced loan officers with larger or more complex loans.Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Commercial Lender II Manages a portfolio of up to 200 notes consisting of small business and/oragricultural loans, and smaller/noncomplex CRE loans, with average total loan portfolio balances of $10MM to $20MM, and has yet to demonstrate consistent business development skills. Annual new loan generation of $1MM plus.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Engage in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Banks products and services
- Gather and analyze all information necessary to present a financing request to Senior Management for approval; meet with existing or potential customers; visit sites of loans; negotiate loan terms and conditions; approve loans within established lending limits or refer and recommend approval to designated members of Senior Management and/or the Chief Credit Officer
Coordinate processing of approved loans; ensure loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtain sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solve problems and ensure maintenance relative to processing and servicing of loans within his or her portfolio; approve loan disbursements in accordance with agreements; Negotiate, underwrite and process renewals of credit facilities
- Authorize commitment, engagement, auction, and decline letters
Develop and maintain knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Responsible for meeting annual loan and deposit growth goals assigned by Senior Management
Assume responsibility for special projects; gathers data and prepares reports for Senior Management, audits and other personnel
- Review NSF and overdraft reports for customers assigned within his or her portfolio; approve or decline such exceptions within established lending limits
Core Essential Job Requirements
All employees must be able to interact in a friendly and courteous manner with customers and coworkers in order to foster a positive environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and employee information
- Demonstrate attention to detail and produce accurate, high-quality work
- Produce an amount of work that meets or exceeds job expectations
Fully utilize systems, tools, training and resources provided to maximize potential
- Demonstrate technical literacy through the efficient and effective use of the applications and technologies required for the role
Demonstrate digital skills through the efficient and effective use of digital technologies and the Internet, to access, manage, and share information. Abilities include, but are not limited to, using a browser, search engines, online forms, audio, microphone, and camera functions on a PC or laptop.
- Accept feedback and redirection politely and professionally
- Assist other departments as needed
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
- Positively represent and promote Heartland Bank within the community
- Strong communication skills
- Make calls on customers and non-customers to develop new business and to enhance relationships with existing customers
- Participate in various professional associations (exempt-employees) and community activities to support the Banks mission and vision and to further personal development
Demonstrate the efficient and effective use of digital productivity tools, from basic to advanced, commensurate with specific job requirements, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype, dual monitors, chat, and screen sharing, and take precautions against viruses. Interest and ability to learn new applications.
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree in related curriculum preferred or combination of education and experience
- 1 year experience in related field preferred
- Regularly: talking, hearing
- Frequently: standing, walking, feeling/touching, vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally: sitting, climbing and/or balancing, reaching with arms and hands, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, lifting objects up to 30 pounds
Heartland Bank and Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer