Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60502
If you want to be considered you have to apply at this link.
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for an Office Manager to help support our Flooring Products business. Did you know Leggett & Platt Inc. is the largest manufacturer of carpet cushion and hard surface underlayment in the United States? Our Flooring businesses manufacture and distribute foam-, rubber-, and fiber-based flooring underlayment for residential and commercial use. Our flooring underlayment products provide support, cushioning, and noise reduction under virtually any finished flooring material in your home or business. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
This is an opportunity for a mature professional, with the ability to multi-task and manage people effectively, to enjoy a stable team environment. The successful candidate will be a bright, self-motivated team player, with excellent problem-solving skills. If you can manage multiple departments while demonstrating a propensity for intuitive thinking, and resourcefulness then we are looking for you!
JOB SUMMARY:Responsible primarily for payroll functions including entering, reviewing and maintaining accurate up to date files. Billing and reception area.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented and well organized.
• Must be able to solve employee payroll problems and work with corporate.
• Must have good attendance and be dependable.
• Must be able to do accurate reports and logs on time.
• Should have intermediate computer skills (Microsoft office – Excel and Outlook a must).
• Should have typing skills.
• Should have 10 key by touch.
• Should have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to adhere to all safety policies.
• Must be able to work well with others.
• Must be committed to LP9000 and Continuous Improvement.
• Must be a problem solver.
• Must have accuracy.• Must have experience in billing.
PRIMARY DUTIES: The primary duties of the employee are (but not limited to) the following:
• Meet and greet visitors with a pleasant personality
• Maintain visitor log
• Answer and redirect incoming phone calls
• Maintain and post Fire Safety Log – Daily
• Process payroll and associated reports (Union Dues and Labor Hours)
• Locate and fax P.O.D. information upon request
• Enter, verify, Copy, and File Billing Daily
. • Post vacations, leave of absence, and new hires
• Keep all employees payroll files up to date.
• Be familiar with Union Contract
• Adhere to safety policies and maintain a clean work environment.
• Adhere to Leggett & Platt Business Conduct Policy.
• Adhere to LP9000 policies and processes
• Continuously observe the process in his/her area of responsibility and immediately notify the department supervisor of any suspected nonconformance
• Exemplify a cooperative attitude in order to work effectively with others. • Match Greens to invoice packets – write up any shorts/overs for Correction.
• Filing as needed.
• Perform any other functions as requested by supervisor or manage
• Understand safeguard.Reasons You’ll Love It Here
Our benefits may vary slightly from one location to the next, but what you will find, is that we offer: medical, dental, and vision insurance; as well as paid vacation, paid personal time, and various opportunities to give back to your local community. One convenient fact about our medical plan, is that we offer tele-visits, so you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home when you are feeling under the weather! We also strongly encourage and provide opportunities for learning and professional development. Our Learning & Development team has put together in-house training on subjects like front-line supervisor essentials, how to manage conflict in the workplace, and many others.
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our Commitment to You
We’re proud of the fact that we are strongly rooted in being an inclusive, people-focused organization. Our company culture reflects values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these to heart, and if you do as well, you’ll fit right in.
Leggett & Platt Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Leggett & Platt Inc. will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For specific regional privacy notices please refer to our http://privacy.leggett.com/privacy-notices