Sr. Network Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
The primary purpose of this position is to design, build, support, and maintain the systems and technology needed to provide the services offered by our organization.
A successful Senior Network Engineer is a customer focused individual, with excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills stemming from a large foundation of knowledge in Networking and Telecommunications. This individual should have excellent communication skills, a great attention to detail, and a strong desire to mentor and grow other team members with skill sharing.
Senior Network Engineers should have a Networking focus, but also demonstrate mastery in one or more areas of concentration including but not limited to, Security, Collaboration, Virtualization, Cloud Services, Storage, Datacenters, and Systems Architecture. This individual should also have the ability to quickly learn new technologies and vendor solutions by leveraging their foundational knowledge and expertise.
• Leading large and complex projects for the delivery of services to customers.
• Design and technical review of services Statements of Work prior to delivery to customers.
• Engineering, design, configuration, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of technologies. necessary to support services such as SDWAN, MPLS, VOIP, firewalls, routers and switches, IaaS/VMWare environments, UCS environments, and more, in accordance with best practices and company policies.
• Provide multi-layered technical support to customers and departments/users.
• Reviewing and resolving anomalies that are broad and potentially service impacting while working towards Root Cause Analysis and RFO.
• Researching, evaluating, recommending, and deploying hardware and software solutions.
• Act as an escalation point for customer issues and internal work units.
• Serve as a liaison with customers, vendors, and other third-party providers to troubleshoot issues or work within design sessions.
• Ability to accurately track issues in Ticketing System while providing timely updates to customers on progress and resolution.
• Attend product education conferences on an as needed basis.
• Obtain and maintain technical certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, MASE, and VCP.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Network Engineering, Computer Networking, or related field) or at least 8 years of relevant experience.
• CCNP certification or similar experience skillset certification.
• Minimum 5 years of networking experience in the following areas:
o Extensive understanding of Network Design, with a focus on High-Availability and Redundancy.
o Hands-on experience in design, implementation and troubleshooting of SD-WAN solutions across multiple platforms, including: Versa, Talari, Silverpeak, or Cloudgenix.
o Hands-on experience in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of Firewalls: Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet.
o Cisco Firepower, Cisco WSA, Cisco Umbrella.
o Proficiency with Routing Protocol design/troubleshooting (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS).
o Hands-on experience with MPLS design/troubleshooting.
o Experience with IPSEC VPN and DMVPN design/troubleshooting.
o VOIP troubleshooting experience (SIP) and packet-capture analysis.
o Expert understanding of monitoring platforms, such as PRTG, Solarwinds.
o Access-Circuit troubleshooting proficiency (Fiber, Ethernet, TDM, Cable, Wireless Technologies).
o Storage: EMC, Tegile, Netapp, or Nimble.
• Cisco configuration and troubleshooting skills across multiple platforms including: Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco CUCM, and Cisco wireless solutions.
• Programming (Python, PHP, Java etc) knowledge and experience with network automation, or designing internal tools is highly desired.
• Must be available to be part of the on-call rotation, which includes nights and weekends.
• Possess and maintain top-level technical certifications in designated area(s) of expertise and to make those certifications available to the company for the purpose of meeting vendor and partner program requirements. Additionally, obtain new certifications as needed and directed by the company.
• Ability to work within evening Maintenance Windows for network upgrades, cleanup, growth activity.
• Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, and desire to learn in a dynamic environment.
• Great documentation skills.
• Must work well both individually and in a team environment.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with vendors, customers, employees, and the general public.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
MNJ is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer