Director, Supply & Demand Optimization
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Quincy, IL 62301
Supply & Demand planning is a multi- step operational supply chain management process used to create reliable forecast. Effective demand planning can improve the accuracy of revenue forecast, align inventory levels with peaks and troughs in demand, and enhance profitability. The Senior Manager, Supply & Demand Optimization will create/execute a Master Production Schedule, monitor production status, and prepare, monitor, and communicate labor capacity on a regular basis in a systems integration, configure-to-order environment. The Manager will work to optimize total costs of fulfillment while achieving desired customer service objectives. Throughout the course of the manufacturing process, the Sr. Manager, Supply & Demand Optimization will interact with the Production management team ensuring they receive an exceptional level of service while managing their expectations as needed.
- Direct reports include Supply Chain/Procurement, Order Management and Logistics
- This role will lead the establishment and execution of the global S&OP processes to provide an optimum Customer Service level.
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations and Product Line Management to ensure demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable volume forecast; ensuring gaps and overlaps are addressed, and issues appropriately escalated to meet business objectives. Manage demand and order line-up and address anomalies.
- Identify pipeline opportunities in CRM, drive actions to clarify quote, review impact on supply chain, suggest risk-buy candidates and financial impact to reduce lead-times
- Act as a liaison between Product Development and Production on product life-cycle management initiatives and their link to S&OP processes.
- Establishes and maintains multiple master schedules to facilitate “what if” analysis. Improve forecasting tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects.
- Make delivery commitments on MTO products, which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity.
- Establish and maintain metrics package, OTD, efficiency, resource requirements, schedule performance, fill-to-forecast, forecast accuracy.
- Establish kanban stocking levels based on historical production as well as forward looking production plans.
- Operational/Financial responsibilities include managing inventories to achieve cash flow goals, responsibility for developing and executing the POR (Plan of Record) and direct responsibility for departmental spend and budget management
- Manage Buyers, Planners and Contract Manufactures to determine the appropriate levels of inventory to minimize lead times and improve current days of inventory and cash cycle.
- Ensure business systems attributes back scheduling mirrors the desired physical assembly and test sequences. Evaluates the time phased netting characteristics and suggests modifications to match supply and demand closely through action messages.
- Other responsibilities will include strong analytical simulation and project management to improve scheduling process flows, heavy use of supply chain management process execution tools, applying workload/capacity smoothing techniques, and production scheduling/planning system upgrades.