Senior Fiscal Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60637
Responsible for providing administrative and financial support to the Accounts Receivable office for the University of Chicago Distribution Center. Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day receivables operations of the office, including but not limited to: receiving, recording, and reconciling check, wire, ACH and credit card payments from press clients, individuals and retail establishments; processing deductions; responding to account inquiries; completing accurate reports of money received and ensuring incoming funds are deposited and credited to the proper accounts. Also required to answer incoming phone calls and emails.
- Process payments made via check, credit card, wire and ACH. Payments must be accurately recorded and balanced.
- Manage a set of retail accounts by making sure that the accounts are keeping current with payments and reaching out to the account if they become past due.
- Monitor open orders to ensure that they are reviewed and released on a daily basis as necessary.
- Miscellaneous fiscal duties: Process both credit card and check refunds, create credit memos as necessary, research credit card disputes, set up new accounts.
- Manage several larger accounts: process payments, manage their applications and deductions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Courteously, tactfully, and clearly communicate and follow up with Press clients, individuals and retail establishments.
- Communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Recognize and resolve or refer problems required.
- Work effectively under supervision and as a part of a team required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Previous experience working in an office setting required.
- Handle confidential materials required.
- Multi-task and work effectively in an environment with constant interruptions required.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience reconciling and receiving payments/monies required.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Previous experience working in a business/administrative office setting strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working in an financial setting required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Familiarity with Excel strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Use or learn a range of position-related software applications preferred.
- $19.27- $28.21 per hour.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
- References Contact Information (3)(required)