at ICF in Springfield, Illinois, United States
ICF is seeking a Deputy Broadband Program Director with broadband management experience who will support the program director and clients with our Texas broadband programs and similar special projects. The successful candidate will be charged with oversight of daily operations, managing staff, and supporting state and local governments, utility companies, and broadband providers in Texas.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a management team that is making a significant impact by assisting states with administering programs funded through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) and working to optimize grant resource management.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the development of broadband project plans, attending weekly client engagements, and assisting with writing a plan for management review. You will work with leadership, and engineering disciplines to develop recommendations, anticipate client needs and propose solutions to help the client meet their deadlines.
The ideal candidate will be a proven manager with a track record of successful broadband program management and will be responsible for ensuring that programs are positioned to optimize broadband grant resource allocation, build strong solutions to impacted areas, and provide strong risk management. This position represents an exceptional opportunity to join an expert team to facilitate change and help make a lasting difference
· Supporting the program director with managing daily operations, staff, subcontractors, and client.
· Ensuring client-focused activities are taking place, including setting up and attending key client and stakeholder meetings.
· Manage a multi-disciplinary team to facilitate regional broadband expansion plans.
· Develop mitigation solutions for critical infrastructure clients and subrecipients that leverage industry best practices.
· Coordinate with client staff, state/local government agencies, as well as senior program staff.
· Coordinate client’s priorities and identify grant funding opportunities.
· Support clients on all stages of the BEAD process including, but not limited to assistance with letters of intent, requests for initial planning funds, development of the five-year plan, program funds allocations, initial proposals, challenge process, subgrantee selection, planning, and final proposal development.
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of all applicable program policies, requirements, procedures, and guidelines.
· Prepare agendas, biweekly status reports, and follow-up actions for meetings with external clients and client vendors.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in planning, broadband telecom, project mgmt., or a related field.
· 3+ years of experience in broadband telecommunications.
· Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary planning process.
· Familiarity with National Telecommunications and Information Administration regulations.
· Demonstrated success managing complex cross-functional teams to achieve high levels of production, meet tight deadlines, and deliver compliant, quality work products.
· Expert problem-solving capabilities and ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to unique circumstances.
· Willingness to travel or relocate to Texas as necessary
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, and integrity and ethics
· Team player with the demonstrated ability to build organizational capability, motivate teaming partners/staff to ensure high levels of engagement, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
· Experience with business process mapping and the use of project management software.
· Self-motivated; ability to work independently and as a team.
· Graduate’s Degree in public administration, telecommunications, business administration, project mgmt., or a related field of study.
· Project Management Professional (PMP)
· Five+ years of managing government programs.
· Understanding of 2 CFR 200 with a focus on 200.306 cost-sharing and matching
· Familiarity with QuickBase, Salesforce, or similar platforms.
· Experience working in Texas within Federal, State, and/or City governments.
· Knowledge of IIAJ, BEAD, and FCC programs.
· Previous experience supporting broadband initiatives.TXBB
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC\KnowYourRights\screen\reader\_10\20.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\%20English\formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
Pay Range – There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is :
$91,384.00 – $155,352.00
Texas Remote Office (TX99)
Need help? We’re here:ICFCareerCenter@icf.com
About ICFICF is a global consulting and technology services company with approximately 9,000 employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=3731098-1&h=2556622195&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icf.com%2F&a=icf.com) .