at Wolters Kluwer in Springfield, Illinois, United States
The Analytics team is part of the Information Retrieval (IR) group that supports multiple search applications that are part of Wolters Kluwer Clinical Effectiveness. The team focuses on analyzing user search and browsing event log data generated by our applications. Our responsibly includes extracting and organizing related information to monitor search engine performance, support ongoing research efforts to improve our product by mining user behavior patterns and investigate and identify abnormalities, etc. You will closely work with all team members and external members including clinicians and product managers.
_ This role can be 100% remote but preferred location is our Waltham, MA. (Boston) office in a 1-2 day a week hybrid setting._**
· Analyze web application events log, and uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our product and strategy decisions
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analytics, data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis and process audits
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 5+ years industry experience OR Master’s degree and 3+ years of industry experience.
· Proficiency in developing efficient programs for implementing complex procedures in data processing.
· Industry Experience working with large datasets and have experience with the organization and curation of data for analytics
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, or Python
· Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
· Experience with Git version control system
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
· Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies and advocate for approaches to ensure quality and testability
· Work in an Agile environment with regular team meetings, scrum, sprint planning and demos
Preferred Qualifications (highly desired but not required)
· Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and data modeling
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
· Knowledge of snowflake data model
· Experience with machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions for business problems.
· Experience with Azure Synapse, Spark, and/or Data Factory
· Experience with web application log analysis
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.