at Illinois Department of Human Services in Elgin, Illinois, United States
The Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire a Storekeeper I for the Elgin Mental Health Center located in Elgin, Illinois to receive, issue, and order patient clothing supplies. Checks quantities and quality of stores materials, including the management of donated items, maintains inventory and other records of stock received and issued. Maintains the general area regarding the safety and sanitation requirements; receives, processes, sorts and addresses the United States (US) and inter-office mail, including social security and paychecks for hospital patients. Operates metering machine. Checks and fills requisitions and requests.Job Responsibilities
- Receives, issues and orders patient clothing supplies.
- Checks and fills approved store requisitions.
- Completes requisitions and requests for purchase of stock replacement.
- Receives, processes, sorts, opens and addresses the U.S and inter-office mail including social security, paychecks for hospital patients, official and personal from the U.S. postal office, which includes receiving the mail daily.
- Operates metering machine, metering all outgoing state mail, including weighing and determining the proper amount of postage.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of four years high school.
- Requires one year experience in the keeping of stores and stores records.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires a valid driver?s license.
- Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
- Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
- Requires ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.