at Epstein in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Epstein is an established and well-respected 100+ year old Architecture, Engineering and Construction firm. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with an office in New York, and international location in Poland . Our beautiful corporate office is located in Chicago’s West Loop, convenient to transportation. We offer all employees a competitive wage and benefits package. Epstein is proud to be 100% employee owned. Epstein focuses on our community through our emphasis on community service, green initiatives and sustainable design delivering “best in class” creative project solutions.
Epstein is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join our MEP engineering team. The Design Engineer performs a variety of engineering tasks, and works with others on the design team (often a multi-disciplined team) to design innovative and technically sound solutions in accordance to project requirements and applicable codes. Proficiency with BIM and Revit is required. The individual designs power, lighting, and fire alarm systems for commercial, institutional and industrial facilities. The capability to coordinate with other building design disciplines is important. The ideal candidate will have technical knowledge of working/construction documents and familiarity with building codes.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with emphasis in Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years of successful project experience within an A/E or A/E/C or consulting engineering firm
- Understanding of other building systems disciplines and the coordination of the various elements of design between disciplines
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and general building codes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- EIT preferred
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with REVIT and working knowledge of discipline specific software packages such as SKM Power Analysis and AGI-32 Lighting Analysis
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to join a strong, successful and highly respected team. The candidate must have a strong work ethic, a passion to fulfill commitments, remarkable enthusiasm and a sincere commitment to client satisfaction.
Epstein is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, genetics, gender identity, transgender status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors. Epstein hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of a person’s qualifications. Epstein is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To learn more about Epstein, please go to our website www.epsteinglobal.com