at PeopleReady in Downers Grove, Illinois, United States
We’re searching for someone who lives for the rush of winning new business to join our team as an Account Manager. The Account Manager will identify and sell new business to grow their overall portfolio within their assigned territory, be responsible for overseeing assigned customer accounts, ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met, and facilitating new sales within those accounts. If you’re ready to start connecting with customers and winning new business – read on to learn more about the role! This role does require you to be out in the field meeting with customers, but does not report to an office each day.
We’re searching for someone who lives for the rush of winning new business to join our team as an Account Manager.
The Account Manager will identify and sell new business to grow their overall portfolio within their assigned territory, be responsible for overseeing assigned customer accounts, ensuring that our customers’ needs are being met, and facilitating new sales within those accounts.
If you’re ready to start connecting with customers and winning new business – read on to learn more about the role!
This role does require you to be out in the field meeting with customers, but does not report to an office each day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embrace our culture principles: We Are Customer Obsessed, We Do the Right Thing, We Stand Together, We Reimagine What is Possible, and We are a Force for Good.
- Oversee and manage existing accounts that have been assigned within your territory.
- Work closely with sales leaders to develop account management and sales strategies to sustain and grow the value of each customer relationship.
- Regularly monitor technology tools to ensure customer retention and sales are maximized, and service levels are maintained according to established KPIs.
- Expand revenue for assigned portfolio, grow existing account business by targeting account retention and sales penetration.
- Aggressively pursue net new targeted accounts that meet the ideal customer profile of your market.
- Research and profile prospective new accounts; use phone, email, chat, and other technologies to sell via both inbound and outbound methods.
- Effectively negotiate contract terms in collaboration with the PeopleReady contracts and legal teams.
- Consult and engage with customers on-site and via phone to understand their business needs, and plan service delivery that meets or exceeds their expectations.
- Work collaboratively with internal pricing team to ensure both pay and billing rates are appropriate and competitive; apply pricing strategies to new and assigned accounts; track service delivery and provide feedback related to attracting and retaining the right temporary associate for each individual job.
- Meet gross margin expectations through prescribed guidelines.
- Initiate the implementation strategy for new accounts, ensuring we drive the right field level sales activities to ramp-up account penetration within the first year.
- Strong communication skills and a partnering mentality with our field teams are a must.
- Perform quarterly business reviews with customers.
- Leverage technology tools (CRM) to build and document an account management and growth strategy for each account.
What you bring to the table:
- 1 to 5 years B2B sales and/or account management experience
- Strong record of sales and account retention preferred
- Valid DL and reliable transportation in order to visit current and potential clients
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to persuade a wide range of customer stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks and meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong analytical skills: comfortable analyzing order, temporary associate, and customer data to drive results
The salary for this position is anticipated to range between $50,000.00 – $67,000.00 per year plus incentive. This range is a good-faith estimate, based on the qualifications necessary for the position, including experience, training, and other considerations permitted by law. Factors that may be used when making an offer may include a candidate’s skills, experience, and geographic location, the expected quality and quantity of work, and internal pay alignment, as needed. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the pay range. The upper end of the range will generally be reserved for candidates with extensive experience. An employee’s pay history will not be a contributing factor where prohibited by local law. In addition to monetary compensation, we offer a competitive benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Company-matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Program, and Tuition Reimbursement, in addition to other programs and perks. More details about our benefits can be found by copying and pasting this URL into your browser: https://bit.ly/23BRF.
Physical and Work Requirements
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and/or hear for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
Extensive local travel required within territory. Valid driver’s license and good safety record required for driving to locations. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
At PeopleReady, we make a difference:
The daily impact that we have on the lives of job seekers and our customers’ businesses is something that we’re incredibly proud of. Our team operates by one motto: We Are Ready. Ready to make a difference, ready to change lives through work and ready to win.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by law. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.