at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital in Centralia, Illinois, United States
Takes x-rays of designated parts of the human body for diagnostic purposes and provides support for the imaging department. This position performs plain films, fluoro, portables, and OR exams and/or plain films and Bone Density (BD registry required).
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding. Provides appropriate educational material.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies patient identity according to policies and procedures. Prepares patient for radiology exam by positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Maintains a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any other areas in department.
- May perform limited CT procedures in emergent situations when CT Technologist is not on site.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.