Maintenance Mechanic

at Aerotek in Plainfield, Illinois, United States

Job Description

Hiring an experienced Maintenance Mechanic located in the Joliet, IL area. Looking for someone who is seeking growth and opportunity within a company. Hiring ASAP!

Paid weekly – $28-$35 per hour

Shift 1st – 6:00 am – 2:30 pm


-Install, maintain and mechanical components of industrial machinery and equipment

-Troubleshoot machines (20% of the time), the other 80% of work will be spent doing pipefitting, welding, machining and special projects. All mechanical work as electricians take care of anything electrical

-Comprehend and interpret technical manuals, as well as drawings and specifications, such as layouts and blueprints

-Troubleshooting and diagnosing cause of machine malfunctions.

-Perform various craft assignments in the maintenance department including welding and burning, sheet metal work, pipe fitting, carpeting, brick laying, cement finishing, hydraulic equipment repair and installation, troubleshooting, equipment fabrication and repair.

-Read, interpret, and utilize engineering drawings.

-Machine shop experience with lathes, grinders, drill presses, CNC, safety guidelines.

-Rebuild pumps, valves, gauges, compressors, engines, gear units, variable speed drives, air and hydraulic cylinders and controls.

-Must wear or use all required personal protective equipment.

-Read, understand and adhere to rules and guidelines stated in the Employee Handbook.

-Perform other assignments as directed by your supervisor.

Additional Skills & Qualifications:

Must Haves:



-Mechanical Maintenance

-Industrial, foods or chemical background

Experience Level:

Intermediate Level

About Aerotek:

We know that a company’s success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual’s success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek’s people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek’s 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

Copy Link

Job Posting: JC236627061

Posted On: Mar 20, 2023

Updated On: Mar 27, 2023

Please Wait ...