at ATI Physical Therapy in Bolingbrook, Illinois, United States
Grow With the Best: ATI Physical Therapy. We are the largest physical therapy company under one brand name in the U.S., but also pride ourselves on our small-practice, family-like atmosphere.
As Senior Payroll Tax Accountant, you will ensure our 5000+ employees across more than half the states in the US are paid timely and paid correctly by partnering with our service provider to ensure our withholding tax accounts are current and open any new accounts as needed. In this senior-level role, you will support all tax accounting matters and compliance as well as monthly reconciliation of tax general ledger accounts and estimated/actual tax payment computations. You will serve as trusted advisor who partners in new ways with their customers and in some cases use creativity to build new solutions.
This position is open for remote work.
What you bring to be successful:
+ Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
+ 5+ years of experience in a medium-large scale payroll tax and accounting environment.
+ 2+ years multi-state employment tax experience.
+ SOX controls experience preferred.
+ Proficiency in automated payroll systems.
We offer an impressive range of benefits, programs, and perks including:
+ Health, dental, and vision insurance options
+ Robust PTO program
+ Paid Holidays
+ Be Well days to care for the health and wellbeing of you and your family members
+ 401k with company match
Learn more about ATI and apply here:Home – ATI Physical Therapy (atipt.com) (https://careers.atipt.com/)
- Open payroll withholding tax accounts with all federal, state, and local agencies
- Partner with our service provider to ensure all required payroll withholding and tax returns are accurate, timely filed, and compliant with federal, state, and local reporting requirements
- Ensure controls, including all SOX controls are properly performed within the payroll accounting process
- Lead quarterly and annual audits with external auditors as needed
- Work closely with cross-functional teams on all general ledger related tasks, including accounting close
- Research GL Fall outs after each payroll processing and reconcile with accounting
- Reconcile bi-weekly wage & tax reports which may require adjustments to be processed
- Responsible for all Tax Fall Out Issues that may arise after each payroll.
- Collaborate with Benefit Team in reconciling the 401k, FSA, and H.S.A. accounts.
- Complete severance reconciliation and maintenance proceeding the month end accrual for Severance account
- Deliver on Payroll & tax wire processing after every payroll is processed.
- Assist with annual W2’s and any W2-Correction needed
- Support Year-End tax involvement & New Year Tax Rate set up
- Cross train with payroll processing
- Submit cases to Dayforce for any tax related issues.
- Evaluate and recommend process changes to increase efficiency
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
Minimum Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience in a medium-large scale payroll tax and accounting environment
- 2+ years multi-state employment tax experience
- SOX controls experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in automated payroll systems -Dayforce HCM preferred
- The ability to solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions
- Ability to work independently on regular routine assignments meeting all deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality in all tasks
- Ability to complete work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite with strong excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
Job Locations US-IL-Bolingbrook
Job Category Corporate – Accounting/Finance
Pay Class Full Time