at Office of the Auditor General in Springfield, Illinois, United States
With limited need for direct supervision, the ISA III may perform all or some of the following functions depending upon needs of the Office.
1. Gathers, interprets, compiles, and analyzes data for information systems audits of governmental agencies. May oversee the work of auditors who are involved in this process.
2. Applies working knowledge of information systems auditing techniques, Illinois State government, and professional auditing standards.
3. Leads an audit team or participates actively as a member of an audit team, contributing ideas, completing assigned duties and discussing with the team leader methods to be applied in the audit context. As an active team member, may exercise some supervision over other team members.
4. Receives controlled assignments of increasing difficulty and responsibility.
5. Travels to audit site locations and obtains audit evidence. Performs audit fieldwork which includes examination of information systems controls and preparation and organization of workpapers showing the results of audit examinations. May oversee the work of auditors who are performing fieldwork.
6. Reviews data and other information pertinent to the audit.
7. Conducts interviews of agency staff to elicit factual information.
8. May oversee the work of auditors who are involved in this process.
9. Prepares preliminary drafts of audit findings. Assists with the drafting of reports. May oversee the work of staff drafting findings or reports.
10. Participates in developing audit scopes and fieldwork audit plans.
11. Develops or assists in developing data-retrieval applications or databases for use in audits. Develops or assists with development and delivery of training.
12. Negotiates and monitors contracts when assigned.
13. Exercises initiative for self-development by actively seeking increased knowledge of the field of IS auditing.
14. Participates actively in on-the job training and other training available through the office. May prepare for career movement to ISA IV.
15. Performs other assigned or required duties.