at Office of the Auditor General in Springfield, Illinois, United States
The ISA IV should be capable of performing the following duties without the need for direct supervision. The ISA IV may perform all or some of the following functions depending upon needs of the Office.
1. Gathers, interprets, compiles, and analyzes data for information systems audits of governmental agencies.
2. Oversees the work of auditors who are involved in this process. May report to an ISA V.
3. Maintains a working knowledge of information systems auditing techniques, Illinois State government, and professional auditing standards.
4. Leads or participates on an audit team contributing ideas, completing assigned duties and discussing with Principal of IS Audits methods to be applied in the audit context.
5. Exercise supervision over other team members, as assigned.
6. Receives controlled assignments of increasing difficulty and responsibility.
7. Travels to audit site locations and obtains audit evidence. Performs audit fieldwork which includes examination of information systems controls and preparation and organization of workpapers showing the results of audit examinations. May oversee the work of auditors who are performing fieldwork.
8. Reviews data and other information pertinent to the audit.
9. Conducts interviews of agency staff to elicit factual information.
10. May oversee the work of auditors who are involved in this process.
11. Prepares drafts of audit findings and reports. May oversee the work of staff drafting findings or reports.
12. Develops audit scopes and fieldwork audit plans.
13. Reviews workpapers, report draft segments, and audit findings prepared by assigned auditors to ensure accuracy, completeness, clarity, and conformance with audit standards and office policy.
14. Bears responsibility, as assigned, for distributing, directing, and evaluating daily work of assigned staff.
15. Develops data-retrieval applications or databases for use in audits.
16. Develops and delivers training programs.
17. Negotiates and monitors contracts when assigned.
18. Exercises initiative for self-development by actively seeking increased knowledge of the field of IS auditing.
19. Participates actively in on-the job training and other training available through the office. May prepare for career movement to ISA V.
20. Performs other assigned or required duties.