at Epstein in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Epstein is an established and well respected 101 year old Architecture, Engineering and Construction firm. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with an office in New York, and international locations in Poland and Romania . Our beautiful corporate office is located in Chicago’s West Loop, convenient to transportation. We offer all employees a competitive wage and benefits package. Epstein is proud to be 100% employee owned. Epstein focuses on our community through our emphasis on community service, green initiatives and sustainable design delivering “best in class” creative project solutions.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the planning, control, and integration of engineering activities and the development of project deliverables to insure the success of their project. The individual designs power, lighting, and fire alarm systems for commercial, institutional and industrial facilities within a consulting engineering firm. The Project Engineer utilizes his or her creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment to anticipate and solve engineering problems, determine program objectives and requirements, and develop standards and guides for diverse engineering activities. The Project Engineer works closely with engineers and/or designers and delegates design responsibility and drawing production to them. The Project Engineer communicates with other disciplines to achieve a coordinated design. We are looking for the right person to mentor our well-qualified staff, interact with clients, and work with the rest of the team at Epstein.
- Gains a full understanding of the project objective, scope, deliverables, budget implications, and other factors that impact design activities.
- Establishes design criteria for specific projects.
- Takes responsible lead in the design and detailing of engineering systems.
- Manages the development of construction/equipment installation documents and project deliverables.
- Performs analysis and design calculations or designates design and drawing activities to other project members.
- Reviews and evaluates computer program and manual calculations for technical accuracy and compliance with established design criteria.
- Coordinates with the project team and all design disciplines during the course of the project.
- Performs field surveys and prepares associated reports.
- Assists in preparing estimates of probable costs (i.e., for construction, equipment installation, etc.) at various stages of design.
- Participates in preparation of project specifications.
- Performs periodic design reviews; ensures designs follow specifications, codes and regulations, and contract requirements. Ensures technical and quality standards are maintained.
- Reviews shop drawings for compliance with contract requirements and documents