at Sangamon County Sheriff's Office in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Sangamon County Sheriff Merit Commission Offering Testing for Sangamon County Corrections Officer Accepting Open Applications & Testing
Springfield, IL… The Sangamon County Sheriff Merit Commission is accepting applications for Sangamon County Corrections Officer positions. Anyone who is interested can pick up an application between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Sangamon County Sheriff's office, #1 Sheriff's Plaza in Springfield or an application can be printed and filled out from the Sangamon County Sheriff Office website: http://sangamoncounty-sheriff.com (Click on Careers link then Sheriff's Office Employment Application), or online at https://sangamonil.gov/departments/s-z/sheriff/apply-for-employment.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Applicants meeting the requirements will be contacted for written and physical agility testing.
Sangamon County Correction Officer Requirements Eligibility requirements to be appointed a Sangamon County Correction Officer are listed below. Completed applications can be returned to the Sangamon County Sheriff's office, #1 Sheriff's Plaza, Springfield, Illinois 62701.
- Have acquired a high school diploma or equivalent certificate.
- Be no younger than 21 years of age at the time of appointment. (under 21 may still apply)
- Must possess a valid Illinois Driver's License.
- Must possess a valid FOID (Firearm Owner's Identification) card.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. 6. Must pass a written examination as prescribed by the Merit Commission.
- Must pass a written test and physical standards test.
- Must pass a thorough background investigation, including psychological evaluation.
- Must pass drug testing.
- Must reside within Sangamon County within 6 months of employment.
- Upon appointment, all candidates must attend training academy and obtain state certification.
$40,352 currently, $58,735 after 5 years* (*based on current contract)