at ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Reporting to the Director, provides administrative support to the Director and professional staff of the department; functions as an assistant to the Director; coordinates administrative functions within the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support to the department by developing and preparing memos, letters, correspondence, reports, legal documents, etc.
- Coordinates Requests for Proposal (RFP) receipt and recording process.
- Performs Management Information Database Accounting System (MIDAS) transactions for approved department activities including creating appropriate spending requests, processing vouchers, ordering supplies and preparing related records and reports.
- Serves as department contact for website updates and technology issues.
- Answers questions and concerns pertaining to the department.
- Screens calls to determine the best individual to respond and refers to the appropriate party.
- Prepares, monitors and files itineraries.
- Establishes and coordinates scheduling of meetings for the Director.
- Schedules meetings and makes travel arrangements for Director and professional staff.
- Serves as department timekeeper, maintaining and completing attendance in the timekeeping system.
- Prepares complex presentations for Director and professional staff using Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Maintains administrative and confidential files and records.
- In coordination with the Agency's records management coordinator, serves as department liaison for records management.
- Determines and recommends efficient office procedures.
- Answers questions and concerns of professional and administrative staff.
- Serves as inventory clerk for the department, maintaining inventory records, documenting all inventory movements, and ensuring inventory control procedures are adhered to by staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.