at Atterro in Glen EllynWheaton, Illinois, United States
Position: Japanese Bilingual Corporate Counsel
Location: DuPage County, IL
Reports to: President
Working Hours: 8:00am - 5:00 pm
This is a full-time in-house corporate counsel position for a Japanese company located in suburb in Chicago, IL to establish and develop the legal infrastructure for their U.S. and Canada operations as it grows and scales. You will interface with business partners across the organization to provide support for a broad range of legal matters and help elevate the company's strategic expansion and success. Visa support (E-2) may be considered for qualified candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT ARE LIMITED TO:
* Establish legal infrastructure for the company to support the company on a wide range of matters, including contracts, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, intellectual property, and litigation for their U.S. and Canada operations.
* Draft and review contracts, agreements, policies, and other legal documents, ensuring they comply with applicable laws and regulations.
* Manage and mitigate legal risks and ensure the company's compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
* Handle litigation and disputes, primarily in the human resources and labor law area.
* Manage business licenses, intellectual property and trademarks, using external service providers.
* Provide legal support for corporate transactions, including due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and financing transactions.
* Manage and collaborate with external counsel as needed.
* Advise and educate internal clients on legal issues and help them understand the legal implications of their business decisions.
* Stay up-to-date with legal developments and changes in laws and regulations that may affect the company.
* Participate in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures related to legal and compliance matters.
* Report to the parent company in Japan (senior management and the board of directors) on legal matters.
* Bilingual Japanese and English skills (reading, writing, speaking).
* Juris Doctorate (JD) or Master of Laws (LLM) degree from an accredited institution in the U.S.
* Proven experience in related law firm and/or corporate legal environment with emphasis in area of corporate law either in the U.S. and/or Japan.
* License to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction(s) preferred but not required depending on the experience.
* Strong knowledge of corporate law, contracts, and regulatory compliance.
* Excellent analytical, communication, and negotiation skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and work independently with minimal supervision.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Strong business acumen and the ability to understand the company's operations, strategies, and goals.
* Ability to travel (domestic and international including Japan) as needed.
After you have applied, download our Staffmark Group WorkNOW App to receive real-time job offers and apply for additional opportunities. You can download it from the App Store or get it on Google Play. About Pro Staff
Pro Staff is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Pro Staff is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance... For full info follow application link.
Pro Staff makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Pro Staff is an E-verify employer.