at MAXIMUS in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Maximus is currently hiring for a Clinical Assessor (SMHRF Assessments and PASRR Follow Up Visits). The Clinical Assessor conducts assessments and follow up visits with accuracy and adherence to contract clinical standards. Based on contract, you may be required to complete reports, recommendations, or eligibility determinations based on contract clinical standards. The incumbent completes desk-based contract assessments as assigned.
This position is located in Cook County, IL and requires up to 75% travel throughout Cook County, IL.
Education and Experience Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for completing medical and/or behavioral health assessments within contract requirements
* Conducts on-site, video call and/or telephonic assessments to determine an individual’s needs for services and supports, eligibility, level of care or related outcome
* Perform all job duties in compliance with Person First standards, HIPAA guidelines, and company confidentiality policies and procedures.
* Travel will be required
* Preferred knowledge may include community support programs, long-term care assessment and level of care in medical, behavioral health or related programs
* Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of medical and/or behavioral health diagnoses and prescribed medications
* Regularly collect data, define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Work to meet timelines in a fast-paced independent enironment
* Must be located in Cook County, IL or immediate surrounding counties
* Minimum education of Master’s degree in mental health, social work, nursing, human services or related field required
* Experience with SMHRF (Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facilities) Assessments preferred
* Minimum of two (2) years of postgraduate mental health experience required
* Able to travel up 75% of the time to hospitals, clinics, etc.
* Strong proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* IM+CANS Certification required at time of hire, or within three weeks of start date
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Home Office Requirements:
* Maximus provides company-issued computer equipment
* Reliable high-speed internet service
* Minimum 20 Mpbs download speeds/50 Mpbs for shared internet connectivity
* Minimum 5 Mpbs upload speeds
* Private and secure workspace
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We are proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation.