at Robert Half in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Description Robert Half is currently working with a client seeking a Senior Software Engineer to play a leading role on a team focused on the development of software used in Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. You will analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements. The software engineer will be responsible for writing code, completing programming, and performing testing and debugging of applications. Completes installation and maintenance documentation and procedures. May define system requirements and/or necessary modifications with other users. Skilled in logical data modeling. Experience in object-oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testing. You can expect this role to be about 75% development and 25% system management and support. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and team building skills and be able to participate in software design discussions and guide the architecture of the solution based on good object oriented design concepts, and both industry standard patterns and Microsoft best practices.
What you get to do every single day
- Transforms business requirements to conceptual solution architecture and high-level project estimates.
- Strong grasp on scripting library tools.
- Experience developing software utilizing open-source languages.
- Relational Database knowledge.
- Create and implement Software as a Service (SaaS) hosted applications according to business requirements.
- Prior experience creating and managing web services. Requirements – Complete such other duties as may be assigned by management
- Able to take part in peer code reviews
- Reviews technical requirements, ensuring compliance with business requirements
- May work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously with various team members and/or other groups both internally and externally
- Correct application and knowledge of standards and techniques used during the Software Development Life Cycle process (SDLC, security)
- Completes proper unit testing and software code written (including automated unit testing)
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Completes test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software
- Logical data modeling design and implementation
- Research, extraction and entry of complex data
- Object oriented unit testing, performance tuning, coding, and design Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.