at OTTO Engineering, Inc. in Carpentersville, Illinois, United States
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Product Manager will oversee a line of radio communications accessories used in tactical applications by military customers, law enforcement and first responders. The Product Manager will be responsible for understanding customer needs, evaluating competitive alternatives, defining new products, and working with engineering to translate customer needs into product requirements.
Specifically, the Product Manager will:
- Manage the full product lifecycle, from product concept to end-of-life, ensuring products meet customer needs and achieve business objectives.
- Conduct market research to identify customer needs, market trends, and competitive positioning.
- Work with the Sales team to collaborate with customers to understand their applications and needs and translate these into product requirements.
- Work with engineering, design, and quality assurance teams to ensure products meet technical requirements and quality standards.
- Develop product roadmaps.
- Evaluate new, emerging technologies that may be useful for future OTTO products.
- Work with Engineering to define and agree upon a set of technology capabilities to be developed for use in future OTTO products – a “technology shelf”.
- Work with engineering, sales, and customers to evaluate product human factors.
- Define product pricing and positioning strategies to maximize product profitability and market share.
- Partner with sales and marketing teams to develop go-to-market strategies and support sales efforts with product expertise and training.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers, channel partners, and vendors to ensure ongoing product success.
- Analyze and report on product performance metrics, including sales, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with engineers and quality managers to define product test requirements.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality, and Sales and Customer Service teams.