at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
LocationSimpson Querrey Biomedical Research Center
The Data Manager, Quantitative Science will lead efforts in the Stanley Manne Children's Research Institute to develop data collection systems, organize, clean, store and analyze study data collected under sponsored research and other sponsored projects. Participates in the planning and execution of data management activities that support the overall work of research studies within the Research Institute. Provides design and development services such as databases, website interfaces, data collection forms, quality control analyses, and data dictionary development.
1. Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred in biostatistics, epidemiology, social sciences, public health or a related discipline.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience managing research data, with at least 1 year experience in a lead role.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage data tasks on multiple projects simultaneously.
4. Ability to solve complex data collection and management problems.
5. Prior experience programming CASI and/or CAPI questionnaires using SNAP, Qualtrics and similar survey software.
6. Prior experience programming and managing data in REDCap preferred.
7. Experience and knowledge with SPSS, SAS or other statistical storage and analysis software.
8. Ability to perform basic statistical analysis.
9. Excellent written and oral skills are required; collaborative research experience is a plus.
10. Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office applications.
11. Self-motivated with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision while being an essential part of a team.
1. Follow best practices for data management and maintaining data in a secure environment.
2. Develops data management procedures to ensure high data quality, security and compliance with study protocols and regulatory requirements.
3. Evaluates available software systems for both data capture and secure data storage.
4. Develops data collection instruments and systems in collaboration with study investigators.
5. Programs CAPI and CASI questionnaires in various software environments.
6. Manages data-related study-set-up, testing and validation for new studies.
7. Reviews, organizes, and cleans study data as they are collected and maintains secure storage practices.
8. Creates and maintains study databases in SPSS and SAS.
9. Develops data quality procedures for individual sponsored projects and completes data quality reviews, as needed
10. Serves as lead data manager on multi-site and/or multi-city sponsored programs and acts as liaison to both internal and external study staff for data concerns.
11. Completes basic data analyses in SPSS, SAS or other commercial statistical software package, including establishing the psychometric properties of psychosocial survey measures, bivariate analysis of associations and exploratory regression analyses.
12. Presents data analysis in narrative, table and graph format.
13. Runs queries and provides descriptive statistics on study administrative systems and data sets.
14. Mentors and trains data management assistants and interns on data management procedures according to the study or sponsored project protocol.
15. Performs study close out and data storage tasks and archives study materials.
16. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others
EducationBachelor's Degree: Public Health (Required)
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family... For full info follow application link.