at MIDLAND STATES BANK in Waterloo, Illinois, United States
At Midland States Bank, we believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work each day, we become happier, more comfortable, more confident, and more excited to do great things for our customers, each other, and our company. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. At Midland, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you are looking for a place to grow, we encourage you to apply at Midland States Bank, because you belong here.
The Universal Banker Trainee position is responsible for delivering excellent customer experiences to current and potential customers. This is a float position. The Employee will work in our Columbia, Smithton, and/or Waterloo locations. Employees in this position will display effective communication skills and exhibit a good knowledge of the products and services offered. Also responsible for offering referral opportunities that will result in outcomes that define excellent customer service.
An employee will remain in a trainee position until they have proven their ability to effectively place customers in the correct mix of product and services through needs based questioning. They must be able to regularly meet and/or exceed performance and production goals established by the Banking Center Manager.
- Institutional knowledge of banking.
- Receive cash and checks for deposit, verifying amounts, looking at endorsements and reviewing checks for possible fraud including holds.
- Examines cash carefully to guard against counterfeit bills.
- Cashes checks for customers in accordance with bank policy. Enters transactions into computer system and issues receipts.
- Provides accurate customer service to include balancing cash drawer throughout the day to reduce and eliminate teller differences.
- Understanding basic knowledge of deposit and lending products & services.
- Able to identify correct product types through needs-based questioning allowing them to build and deepen customer relationships to include determining needs and referring business partners.
- Assists with basic deposit account openings and maintenance request
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status