at BAIN & COMPANY,INC. in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Company: Bain & Company, Inc.
Location: 190 South LaSalle St., Suite 3400, Chicago, IL 60603
Position Title: Lead Engineer, Software Engineering (CHI-LES-2022A(3)i)
Work under the guidance of the Senior Manager and alongside the teams’ software architects, data architects and engineers, visualization engineers, program/product managers, and tools specialists. Lead cross-functional development teams by managing the end-to-end development efforts, providing strategic and tactical direction, take part in design, development, and solution reviews to ensure quality, scalability, performance, consistency, reliability, and client/personal data protection. Collaborate closely with NGSS team members, other groups within Bain, and external development partners. Participate in the estimation, planning, and costing of new projects and initiatives across multiple metrics. Assist in evaluation efforts with new and emerging technologies to assess technical fit and risk. Contribute in build versus buy assessments, working to evaluate trade-offs of various options, and present final recommendations to senior stakeholders and management. Investigate and keep up-to-date on emerging and cutting-edge technologies, and lead knowledge sharing. Drive innovation through out-of-the-box thinking to solve critical business challenges and demands. Determine product requirements, scope, and associated timeline. Create and manage development plan – backlog, timeline, sprints, tasks, and work assignments using Agile methodology. Coordinate with architects and designers to create relevant UI design and technical approaches. Identify risks and dependencies and associated contingency plans. Implement team cohesion and communication best practices to ensure proper understanding and alignment of technical design, tasks, and scope. Coordinate with infrastructure, security, and operations teams to provision necessary environments and achieve operational status. Ensure ongoing product adherence to technology standards, business objectives, and requirements. Monitor work to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery, identify and address technical obstacles and roadblocks, and work with product teams to triage, prioritize and issue hotfixes for system defects.
Bachelors’ degree in a computer science or engineering related field plus 2 years of relevant experience; or 4 years of relevant experience in computer science or engineering
Experience must include:
- Managed internal and 3rd party on-shore, near-shore, and off-shore developers
- Demonstrated ability to source control, build pipelines, and deploy tools
- Demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot and issue resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability in communication and presentation skills, including documenting complex designs and processes for long-term support and maintenance
- Experienced with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or equivalent technology
- Demonstrated the ability to acquire skills in developing and implementing SaaS-based software for clients
- Demonstrated the ability to acquire skills in using container-based solutions - Docker and Kubernetes using AWS EKS/Azure AKS
- 2 years of experience in a major programming language (Java, C/C++, C#, Python, NodeJS, etc.)
- 2 years of experience in databases (PostgresSQL, SQL Server, DDL, or DML)
- 2 years of experience in developing, configuring, deploying, maintaining, and supporting software on a major cloud provider (AWS, or Azure)
Multiple positions available. Please submit resumes via www.bain.com/careers or to Erik Finn, 131 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA 02116. Please enter code “CHI-LES-2022A(3)i” in the “Additional Comments” field of the application.