at ALLSTEM Connections in Chicago, Illinois, United States
ALLSTEM Connections is looking for a Onyx Cloud Engineer located in Chicago, Il
Job Title: Onyx Cloud Engineer
Schedule: Monday – Friday hybrid Scheduled working 3 days onsite in office
Work Permit: US Citizen, Green Card(only on W2)
Location: Chicago, Il
AllSTEM is committed to guiding your career progression and to transforming the way hiring happens. We are big believers in that people matter and a job search should be effortless and enjoyable. If this sounds like the process, you are looking for then APPLY TODAY!
he Onyx Cloud Engineer will be a subject matter/domain expert with specific expertise with AWS at a minimum, requisite for the position to that of a DevOps/GitOps Cloud Engineer, in a hands-on capacity, with working knowledge and understanding centered around the following areas:
• GitOps, DevOps, and ChatOps principles and best practices
• AWS managed services, included but not limited to EKS, ECR, RDS, KMS, IAM,VPC, Lambda, Route 53, ALB, ELB, Dynamo DB, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, EBS, Transit Gateway, Direct Connect, network access control list, and security groups
• Kubernetes (EKS preferred)
• Helm Charts/Helm Files
• IaC (Terraform)
• IDP (Azure AD*)
• Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery concepts and supporting commercial and OSS tooling, including but not limited Jenkins, Jfrog Artifactory & Xray, SonarQube, Harness*, Spinnaker*, and ArgoCD*
• Pipeline as Code
• Continuous Observability specific to logging, monitoring, and tracing leveraging OSS tooling such as: Splunk, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd, Kuberhealthy*, and Open Telemetry* as well as AWS managed services such as CloudWatch
- Defines the set of declarative modules for infrastructure provisioning via Terraform Enterprise for the design, build, and implementation of the Onyx Cloud Platform, hosted on AWS
• Drives industry best practices and approaches to implementing infrastructure as code (IaC) specific to Kubernetes infrastructure provisioning
• Actively engages and participates in both internal and external technology forums related to Terraform, Kubernetes and DevOps/GitOps initiatives
• Provides sound recommendations in order to improve and/or implement best practices for supporting Onyx Toolchain strategy and initiatives
• Hands-on keyboard coding required
For temporary assignments lasting 13 weeks or longer, the Company is pleased to offer major medical, dental, vision, 401k and any statutory sick pay where required.
The Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in people, and we are committed to working with people of all backgrounds and connecting them with clients and companies who share our goals of diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you believe, you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us.
The Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program