at Transcontinental US LLC in Huntley, Illinois, United States
Press Operator Helper-Printing-Night Shift
About this opportunity
We are looking for an energetic and mechanically inclined individual to fill our Press Helper role.The Press Helper will assist the Press Operator in set-up, running, and wash-up duties designated by the Press Operator.Experience not necessary, training is provided. This position reports to the department manager.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- On the job training to further your knowledge/experience running a press.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference
- A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs.
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
- $1,000 sign on bonus
What you will do
- Assist the Press Operator in their duties, such as cleaning anilox rolls needed for future run orders. Assist in changing anilox rolls, doctor blades, ink fountains, printing cylinders and other press components.
- As part of the training in this role, eventual duties would include mounting/demounting plates, setting print impressions, webbing various press components, running and or filling in on press in Press Operator's absence.
- Report any equipment or material problems to team/team leader immediately for prompt correction of problem.
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
- Mechanically inclined
- Someone who works well with their hands
- Someone who can stay busy
- Someone who has some machine operating experience
- Some who is familiar with and able to use ruler, gauges, and hand tools
- Ability to lift heavy loads, mechanically and manually, in a safe way, up to 50 pounds
- Good communication skills in the English language (reading, writing, listening, and speaking)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
TC Transcontinental, Making Impressions Count
TC Transcontinental is a leader in flexible packaging in North America, and Canada's largest printer. The Corporation is also the leading Canadian French-language educational publishing group. For over 40 years, TC Transcontinental's story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers' evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success. With our 3 business sectors of Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform, and grow while making impressions that count!
TC Transcontinental Packaging brings a distinctive blend of Art, Science and Technology to create flexible packaging that preserves our cus
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status