at Meta in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Meta is seeking an ASIC Engineer, Architecture to join our Infrastructure organization. Our servers and data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. By holding this role, you will be an integral member of an ASIC team to build accelerators for some of our top workloads enabling our data centers to scale efficiently. You will have an opportunity to work with AI/ML and video codec experts in the company, help architect state-of-the art machine learning accelerators and contribute to modeling these accelerators. Come work and learn alongside our expert engineers to build “Green” data center accelerators.
ASIC Engineer, Architecture Responsibilities:
1. Work on advanced ASIC architecture, algorithms and models targeting Machine Learning ASICs
2. Analyze and map data center workloads to ASIC architecture, as well as develop performance and functional models to validate the architecture
3. Implement various reference silicon architecture models needed for the validation of the accelerators
4. Experience and knowledge of Computer Architecture concepts such as processor architecture, memory systems and on-chip interconnection networks
5. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
6. Experience and knowledge working in building custom silicon
7. 5+ years of experience in either silicon architecture, silicon modeling, performance architecture or kernel development
8. Programming in C, C++ or related Object Oriented Programming
9. Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related areas
10. Experience driving power and performance trade-offs
$136,000/year to $195,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.