at Deborah's Place in Chicago, Illinois, United States
The primary functions of the Human Resources department are: to provide leadership in the development and administration of policies and practices that support Deborah’s Place requirement for a qualified, motivated and dedicated staff; to ensure that Human Resources functions are carried out in a manner that is fair and consistent and in accord with applicable regulations and policies.
This position will provide administrative support for recruitment, maintenance of employee records, data entry and general Human Resources processes for the department operations. This includes the ordering, monitoring and maintaining appropriate and needed supplies for administrative offices; and upkeep of office; distributes mail; answers and directs telephone calls; assist with new staff orientation; work on projects and initiatives to further develop services provided within the department; and provide excellent customer service to all employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resource Administration Support
- Maintain accurate and up to date human resources files, records, and documentation, hardcopy and digital.
- Manage and monitor the HR email address and forward questions to the appropriate HR staff.
- Respond to HR related internal related questions and provided needed documents to staff.
- Assist in scheduling meetings, trainings and orientations as needed.
- Assist with agency audits for HR compliance from external Federal, State, and Local agencies.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of human resources files and records.
- Respond to employment verifications.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the HR department.
- Regularly input and update employee information including new hires, terminations, employee compensation and benefits information.
- Assist with planning and implementation of employee events (Open enrollment, AQM, etc.)
- Works directly with HR Director and Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate completion of reference checks, background investigations and answering applicant questions as needed.
- Assist with onboarding processes and activities.
- Process and prepare information packets for new hires and terminating employees.
- Process pre-employment background checks and communicate promptly regarding results or any complications. Conduct employment verifications.
- Ensure compliance with all pre-employment policy and procedures.
- Maintain Applicant Tracking System (ATS) including applicant correspondence, status updates, and open and closed positions.
- Ensures all termination tasks are complete for exiting employees
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll.
- Generate reports as needed.
- Distribute calendar year end W2 statements to staff.
- Coordinate compliance trainings in Paylocity. Develop tracking system to ensure on-time notification and completion.
- Open and/or distribute office mail to appropriate person(s).
- Manage and maintain office supply inventory.
- Maintain kitchen and reception areas in cleanliness and clutter free.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Maintain required professional knowledge and job skills. Attend and participate in required education programs and staff meetings.
- Represent Deborah’s Place mission and values to participants, visitors and others.
- Perform other duties assigned.