at Norman Filter Company, LLC in Bridgeview, Illinois, United States
Program, Setup and Operate a variety of Machine tools to produce precision parts.
May also fabricate and modify Parts, Fixtures and Tooling to make special complex parts. Make or repair machine tools to maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of technical school, a full apprenticeship program.
- At least 10 years of experience as a fully qualified machinist.
- Setup program and operate CNC Machine
- Instruct train and work with Operators on the CNC equipment
- Instruct train and work with New Machinist on the CNC equipment
- Read technical drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate machine parts.
- Operate metal fabricating equipment/machinery.
- Operate Manual Machine such as Mills. Lathes and Grinders.
- Use precision measuring tools or equipment.
- Create and understand machine setup instructions.
- Selection of proper tooling for CNC Machine.
- Fabricate and or alter special tooling to produce complex parts
- Computer skills.
- Able to train all Machinist Levels.
- Review print prior to approval on complex parts.
- CAM Software use ranging from a working level through mastery.
- Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect machined parts closely
to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work.
- Frequent standing, stooping, and bending.
- Frequently lifts 25 pounds, lifts 50 pounds occasionally.
Duties and Functions
- Program, setup machines and complete 1st pc and instruct operator the procedure for running measuring, checking, deburring, and filling out IP sheets.
- Train and work with New Machinist
- Participate and make scheduling recommendation to optimize the machine shop and improve machine utilization.
- Proactively review schedule and prepare for future jobs by gathering required set up tools, fixtures, and gauges as well as programing prior to the completion of the current job on the machine.
- Responsible for routine machine maintenance and keeping work area in neat condition.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Operate all common machine shop equipment and hand tools skillfully.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Create CNC programs on computers and edit them on the machine control.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
GREAT benefits including Paid Vacation, Group Medical, Dental, Prescriptions and Short Term Disability. Company also offers a 401k Plan with Company matching contribution. FREE benefits include $25,000 Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran