at MIDLAND STATES BANK in Effingham, Illinois, United States
At Midland States Bank, we believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work each day, we become happier, more comfortable, more confident and more excited to do great things for our customers, each other and our company. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. At Midland, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you are looking for a place to grow, we encourage you to apply at Midland States Bank, because you belong here.
The Merchant Services Specialist I will be cross trained in several areas. This individual will possess detailed knowledge of merchant services to provide top notch customer service to our merchants. In this role the specialist will also work closely with our sales staff providing them with the tools and sales support needed to drive in more merchant accounts. They will be responsible for answering inbound calls and placing outbound calls as needed. They will be responsible for onboarding new accounts and building and downloading new merchant terminals. The equipment and supplies will then be shipped and a welcome call is placed to the newly activated merchants. The Merchant Services Specialist I will also be trained to have a basic level of risk knowledge. They will be able to utilize our risk review systems to review merchant processing activity and identify questionable processing transactions to help identify and prevent fraud and loss.
- Perform outbound calls to merchants as needed.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of merchant services to handle customer service.
- Provide sales support to our sales team.
- Able to board new merchant accounts.
- Making welcome calls to new merchants.
- Basic level of risk knowledge and is able to use the available risk review systems to review merchant processing activity, identify questionable transactions.
- Contacting merchants to discuss questionable transactions, patterns, and chargebacks.
- Building and downloading new merchant terminals in house.
- Shipping merchant equipment and supplies.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Associate’s degree and/or 1-3 years relevant customer service experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
Competencies/Other Skills:Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status