at Rose International Inc. in Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
Job Title: Controls Engineer (Focus on IMPLEMENT software)
Client Job ID: 11900-1
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Mossville, IL (Onsite 100%)
• Assists in creating and following electrical design schedule, from specification concept to system up completion, while keeping to an overall project schedule.
• Testing, evaluating, modifying and calibrating products and instruments.
• Analyze plant processes, design and implement improvements
• Troubleshooting issues with hardware and processes.
• Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
• Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Technical proficiency in some software applications..
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering preferred
• 5-7 years experience required.
Position’s Contributions to Work Group:
- Work with process partners from ICS and the Machine Business Divisions to establish sub-system control requirements and to select electrical/electronic and hydraulic components that meet performance, reliability, functional safety, and cost objectives.
- Provide requirements analysis and interface with implement SW engineers to get both hand coded and model-based implement SW developed.
- Design, construct, and maintain an implement bench.
- Perform bench testing of the implement sub-system and work with the Validation & Test groups to develop regression tests.
- Provide tuning support and guidance to the machine proving grounds personnel.
- Resolve NPI and CPI issues.
- Document conformance to ISO standards and conduct NPI GW reviews.
Reason/motivation for request:
- Onsite 100%
Office work environment
Education & Experience Required:
- BS in any relevant Engineering field with at least 3 - 5 years of hands-on experience OR
- Master’s in any relevant Engineering field with at least 1 - 2 years of hands-on experience.
- Controls experience using : Mathworks (Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, Embedded Coder, Simulink Test)
- Programming languages such as Embedded C and Python scripting
- Experience in the application of data links such as CAN/J1939 and Ethernet for control and monitoring purposes is strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic Systems.
- Experience with the following software development tools: ClearCase, git, IVY, Diab compiler, pOSEK, DAT-K, CANalyzer, Lauterbach Debugger, CANape
- Strong communication
- Analytical skills
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).