at Rose International Inc. in Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Client Job ID: 12387-1
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Mapleton, IL 61547
Position’s Contributions to Work Group:
• Improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of metallurgical inspections of large engine castings
• Provide engineering support in maintaining and upgrading metallurgical testing capabilities
Reason/motivation for request:
Typical task breakdown:
• Revise and document improvements of existing metallurgical inspection processes
• Develop and document processes related to metallurgical and chemical testing of iron castings
• Collaborate with metallurgists, lab managers, and operators to provide data-driven root cause analysis related to day-to-day Met Lab safety and process issues, develop solutions, and monitor improvements
• Work with process partners to contribute to area SFMEAs updates and risk mitigations
Interaction with team:
• Interact daily with management and production employees
• Primarily lab, and office environments
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, manufacturing, materials science, or related technical field OR minimum 7 years of job-related experience (quality, manufacturing, engineering)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including PowerBI
• 6 Sigma problem solving toolkit
• Knowledge of shop operations and maintenance procedures
• Knowledge of quality and manufacturing systems such as EtQ, Infinity, Redi, Dozuki, etc.
• General understanding of metallurgical processes and testing
• Hands on and mechanically and/or electrically inclined
• Zero-Injury and Stop-to-Fix mindset
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to collaborate effectively across cross-functional teams
• Poor communication skills
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).