at Jacobs in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
The Asset Management Group supports both our internal facility contracts and our external customers to build efficient operation and maintenance programs based on sound reliability engineering principles. We are a small, agile team that steps in to help solve the challenges faced by our customers – leading changes in culture, process, and technology. As a member of our team, you will:
1. Establish and implement reliability engineering principles and best work practices in accordance with the Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (SMRP) or equivalent.
2. Utilize Maximo (CMMS) to plan, track, and evaluate effectiveness of maintenance activities.
3. Improve/automate operations and maintenance tasks to provide optimal performance.
4. Determine the function, capability, functional failure modes, probability of failure, impact severity and acceptable risk for assets to define the right maintenance requirements to eliminate functional failures and their effects.
5. Develop maintenance strategies and job plans for equipment.
6. Provide day-to-day engineering support to operations and maintenance issues.
7. Provide recommendations for improvements in process, procedure, systems, and infrastructure using diagrams, calculations, drawings, and reports.The typical salary range for this position is $54,100 to $97,400 and is commensurate with experience relative to the position. For “remote” positions, the salary to be offered is geographic-dependent.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
+ Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or other applicable field.
+ 3+ years of relevant experience in facility or equipment maintenance.
+ Accepts responsibility for own safety as well as that of others.
+ Self-motivated requiring little direct supervision and taking initiative when warranted.
+ Advanced computer skills (Excel, Data Analysis, SQL).
+ Experience in the use of Maximo to prepare, review, and issue maintenance work packages in accordance with applicable procedures and regulations.
+ Excellent communication and collaboration skills are critical.
+ The typical salary range for this position is $54,100 to $97,400 and is commensurate with experience relative to the position. For “remote” positions, the salary to be offered is geographic-dependent.
+ CMRP and/or CRL certified.
+ Building Automation and/or PLC experience
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
+ Lifting: 5%
+ Climbing: 5%
+ Crawling: 0%
+ Special clothing/equipment (wearing): 5%
+ Unusual physical requirements: None
+ High noise level: 5%
Description of Work Environment
+ Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Primarily inside, 15% in the field investigating equipment
+ Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: None
+ Hazardous conditions – What are they?: May be exposed to areas of high noise levels and industrial facilities (15%)
+ Travel/transportation requirements: Travel to customer and other Jacobs sites, 40%
+ Other: Work is accomplished in offices, control rooms, shops, and in and around test facility buildings and equipment.
Criticality of Attendance (specify and provide % of time required)
+ Necessity for regular attendance: 100%
+ Urgency for punctuality:
+ Work assignments are usually during normal work hours, but flexibility is sometimes necessary to support meetings, test schedules, and test operations.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated\files/employers/eeoc\_gina\supplement.pdf) .