at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
LocationOutpatient Center in Lincoln Park - Deming
Responsible for daily clinical work in the outpatient/primary care setting. Assists Physicians and other staff under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
Medical Assistant Dermatology
This position is located at the Outpatient Center in Lincoln Park
Part Time, 16 hours/week
The MA is responsible for daily clinical work in the outpatient/primary care setting. Assists Physicians and other staff under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
Part Time, 16 hours/week
Successful completion of an accredited medical assistant program required.
Some college preferred.
Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred but not required (CMA, AAMA or RMA).
Basic Life Support Certification required.
1. Performs phlebotomy as directed by Physician orders.
2. Administers intramuscular injections, subcutaneous injections, intradermal skin testing, topical medications and ophthalmic drops.
3. Works in conjunction with other staff to maximize clinic flow.
4. Intervenes appropriately in emergency situations.
5. Documents work in patient record either in the Electronic Medical Record or the paper chart.
6. Provide back up support to front desk staff by scheduling patient visits and performing check-in, check out activities.
7. Perform initial portion of the exam by obtaining measurements and gathering a brief patient history.
8. Assist Physicians with difficult exams.
9. Assists in the retrieval and delivery of medications and pharmaceutical products that are dispensed from the Pharmacy to the appropriate patient care provider/s in a timely manner.
10. Stocks and maintains the clinic area which includes changing needle boxes when 2/3 full
11. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan whether that be in the Electronic Medical Record or in the paper chart.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required at part of the responsibilities of the role.
EducationHigh School Diploma/GED (Required)
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
Discount on services at Lurie Children's facilities
Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children's and its affiliatesare equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, order of protection status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.