at Chapman and Cutler LLP in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking a motivated Marketing Assistant to join our innovative Marketing Department in our Chicago office. The Marketing Assistant will provide support to the Marketing department undertaking daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities. The role supports data quality management for the Firm’s client relationship/connections database and involves assistance with client facing and internal/special events, departmental administration tasks, and attorney business development. The position requires an in-office presence but includes flexibility for some remote work.
The responsibilities of the Marketing Assistant include:
Attorney Business Development Support
- Provides support for attorney business development and relationship-building activities including dinner, event, and hotel reservations, arranging transportation, obtaining event tickets, assisting with holiday gifts, and arranging catering for both on-site and off-site meetings.
- Supports data quality management for Chapman client and alumni relationship mailing list database including website subscriptions, mailing list uploads via the e-communication campaign platform, and processing email bounces and unsubscribes.
- Collaborates with Marketing team members and other departments to support all aspects of client facing and selected internal/special events, including preparing invitations and name tags, formatting speaker materials/visual presentations, ordering trinkets/ giveaways, handling booth shipping, and providing webinar set-up and support.
- Updates calendars and intranet resources, including marketing events calendar, industry association membership list, presentation database, expense management/tracking, and other administrative support.
- Monitors industry (law and non-law) trends and best practices with respect to website, social media, and other digital communications and related metrics/reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; process-oriented and meticulous, paying highest attention to detail.
- Excellent multi-tasking, analytical, communication and organizational skills; must be able to take ideas from inception and carry them through delivery; ability to draw conclusions from data, assess implications and make recommendations.
- Willingness to perform a wide variety of tasks to meet attorney needs.
- Demonstrates good judgment and sound problem-solving skills.
- Ability to cultivate relationships across the Firm and understand the Firm’s culture.
- Enthusiastic “can do” approach; ability to work in a team environment a must.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Committed to following all Firm policies and information security protocols.
Must be available to work outside of normal schedule hours (e.g., extra hours for special events) as needed.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.