at Rose International Inc. in Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
Job Title: Power Train Development and Integration Engineer
Client Job ID: 12088-1
Duration: 12 months
Location: Mossville, IL
As a test engineer on the Drivetrain lab development team, you will plan and execute laboratory tests, analyze data, make recommendations, and document your findings. You will manage and control projects, utilizing the support staff in the lab. You will identify relationships and interactions between various components while conducting thorough engineering analyses on test components. You will find product weakness and recommend appropriate analyses to address the findings. Your decisions have significant impact on clients drivetrain performance, durability, reliability, quality, and product development schedules.
Typical task breakdown:
• Collaborating with product design team to define test requirements
• Preparing test units for lab testing
• Performing lab tests to validate components from a performance and durability (product quality) perspective
• Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware and software issues
• Developing automated testing
• Analyzing test data
• Performing inspections and failure analysis of test units
• Communicating results and conclusions
• Documenting test results in technical reports
Interaction with team:
• Interactions with numerous process partners
• Working under the guidance of a lead engineer for at least a year
• Time is typically split between the lab and the office on any given day
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required, 2-4 years of work experience
• Demonstrated mechanical experience, good hands-on skills
• Strong data analysis experience
• Ability to plan and specify needed mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, control system, and measurement capabilities for building and updating test stands
• Data acquisition experience
• Test and analysis automation skills (Matlab and/or VBA scripting preferred)
Travel Requirement: None
Export Control Requirements: No
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).