at MIDLAND STATES BANK in Effingham, Illinois, United States
At Midland States Bank, we believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work each day, we become happier, more comfortable, more confident and more excited to do great things for our customers, each other and our company. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. At Midland, we recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you are looking for a place to grow, we encourage you to apply at Midland States Bank, because you belong here.
As a member of the finance team, this position is responsible for supporting the monthly accounting cycle for the Company’s subsididaries, including operational accounting and financial reporting-related tasks, and assisting with quarterly SEC reporting.
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation in accordance with GAAP.
- Complete account reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet accounts.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of executive and board-level reports.
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory and external reports.
- Provide necessary documentation to external auditors related to the quarterly financial statement review and annual financial statement audit.
- Research and correct account discrepancies to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests, as necessary.