at Robert Half in Itasca, Illinois, United States
Description If you have a flair for clearly breaking down and explaining convoluted technical information in a way that is easily understood by non-technical users, Robert Half has the Desktop Support Technician role for you. To thrive in this position, you will need to be a self-starter, with strong problem-solving skills and a passion for working in an innovative environment. This Desktop Support Analyst position, which is a short-term contract / temporary opportunity, is located in the Itasca, Illinois, area.
- Match hardware repairs with the appropriate vendors
- Resolve computer problems, and give guidance on appropriate action/solutions
- Meet regularly and effectively with ticket submitters
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, issues and remedial actions taken or installation activities
- Give support on a variety of computer hardware and software issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
- Deliver computer desktop support in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Keep up, explore, and fix computer systems, hardware, printers, and computer peripherals Requirements – Experience writing procedure manuals, user instructions, business correspondence, and general report writing
- Desktop support or related experience
- Customer service experience desired
- Active Directory experience preferred
- Password Reset experience
- Strong familiarity with OneDrive
- Foundational knowledge in Password Changes Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.