at Hendrickson Bumper and Trim in Crest Hill, Illinois, United States
Job Description$16.80 to Start
- Set up die in press, bolt die into press, and adjust shut height. Run production and remove die.
- Operate press
- Follow tagging 1st piece, last piece, procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned (i.e. banding of material and recording of production)
- Ensuring quality by following policies and control plans located in IATF.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs such as SMED, Kaizen, 6S, etc.
- Ensure 1st piece inspection visually and formal inspection procedures.
- Open the die and wipe it clean of any debris
- Ensure that the part matches the blueprint
- Measure part to ensure part is within tolerance
- Enter production into the QAD system.
- Records all downtime in computer.
- Proper use of hand tools such as impact guns, de bur guns, etc.
- Follow all Safety rules and practices such as wearing PPE, reporting unsafe hazards immediately, reporting accidents and near misses.
- Recycling of plastics, cardboard, paint cans, etc.
- Follow environmental procedures as outlined ISO14001.
- Ability to read a blueprint
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide whole numbers as well as fractions.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Testing method: Prior to interviewing for this position, the applicant must pass a written test that includes the above requirements.
- Minor computer skills (For example: operate computer peripherals and navigate the downtime spreadsheet)
- Training and evaluation to obtain a license to operate a fork truck.
- Must have experience as Machine Operator
- Requisition ID: 200000I4