at Apex Systems in CHICAGO, Illinois, United States
CS - Lead Consultant (React, Node)
Apex is seeking a seasoned Lead Consultant with strong consultative skills to act as a React and Node Developer within Apex Systems' Consulting Services. This role will lead hybrid teams of internal and external product managers, architects and engineers to design, develop and deliver digital solutions for Apex clients. This role will also provide technical subject matter expertise and will help to mentor Apex Systems' internal technical Consultants in their career growth and development. This role will be responsible for client deliverables as well as internal leadership of technical consulting professionals.
- Build strong client, industry and technical community relationships and represent Apex Systems as leaders in Industry and Professional events and communities. Develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships.
- Demonstrate expert-level technical knowledge, skills, and effective professional consulting skills. Serve as a subject matter expert. Build trust and respect among internal and external stakeholders and model collaborative teamwork.
- Lead team members and direct reports to produce high quality deliverables, meet project deadlines, and take responsibility for engagement and team success. Coach and manage direct reports, maintaining strong employee engagement and productivity. Demonstrate a passion for quality and process improvement. Lead the development, growth and success of your team, developing professionals for the next stage of their careers.
- Demonstrate professional level consulting skills, leadership skills and executive level communication/ presentation skills. Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to acquire skills to meet business needs.
- Participate in sales pursuits through providing technical guidance, estimates, scoping and other pre-sales activities. Continually innovate, seek creative solutions and find new ways of adding value. Listen and seek to understand the client and meet their needs, providing consultative guidance. Stay attuned to the future needs of the client and work with internal resources to identify opportunities. Proactively provide solutions and approach adversity with a solution-focused mindset.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in application design, development with focus on frontend.
- Experience directly managing software developers or other technical professionals preferred.
- Broad experience driving agile software development, preferably including agile coaching or training.
- Demonstrated expertise in best practices for software development, and the ability to evolve those practices according to technology and business trends.
- Positive relationship builder able to navigate through complex situations to ensure the most robust and pragmatic solution.
- Strong analytical skills and the aptitude to quickly identify gaps and risks.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to engineering and business partners.
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups and leadership team members.
- BA/BS required, preferably in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related fields (applicable education and experience may be substituted).
- Hands-on experience using Node to develop web application backend API.
- Experience integrating with REST APIs to access and retrieve data leveraging Observer pattern or RXJS.
- Experience with Test Automation and Frameworks like Jest, Protractor, Mocha, Jasmine or Cypress (preferred).
- Experience with Redux pattern experience.
- Experience with Webpack configuration.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Familiar with DevOps CI/CD Tools like Jenkins and Containerization Technologies like Docker.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf