at Byline Bank in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionPosition Description
The Lead Cloud Engineer is responsible for evaluating and implementing new technology for the bank. This position will expand, develop, implement, operationalize, and drive the adoption of Byline’s cloud practice, specifically the Microsoft Cloud and related technologies. This role will contribute to driving efficiencies and/or supporting new products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Participates in design and development of cloud systems, applications, policies, and strategy.
- Evaluates and identifies the best cloud solutions for the organization.
- Develops standards and best practices for implementing and operating cloud technologies.
- Develops performance standards and monitoring of availability, access controls, identity management, security compliance.
- Collaborates with project teams and internal and external resources to meet the cloud infrastructure requirements of the various projects.
- Maintains documentation and audit reporting related to cloud technologies.
- Improve system reliability and administrative efficiencies through automation and scripted solutions.
- Develops and modifies scalable architecture to support applications and infrastructure on IaaS and PaaS.
- Pro-actively implements necessary steps to be compliant with audit and other regulations.
- Ensures backup and recovery requirements are consistent with corporate policy, business needs and legal requirements.
- Designs controls and processes that drive consistent quality outcomes.
- Drives the organizational testing strategy and develop quality metrics.
- Incorporates security management and privacy requirements into cloud environment and applications.
- Actively works with the security team to set and refine organization-wide security standards. Drives a security first mindset across the organization. Builds security awareness and culture.
- Participates in hiring and development of team members and conducts performance reviews.
- Manage outsourced vendors and service provider’s relationships and ensure SLAs are met.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of progressive Information Technology experience
- 7+ years of experience with Windows OS, Microsoft cloud technologies, M365 suite, SharePoint, Azure, Defender, Sentinel
- Experience in leading and managing technology team(s). Must be able to plan, organize, control, and direct the activities of the team in the development and delivery of projects.
- Proficient in documentation using tools like Visio to produce and maintain diagrams and documentation
- Understanding of zero trust principals, cloud networking and security concepts
- Self-starter with excellent organization, administrative, interpersonal, and technical leadership skills
- Maintains up-to-date and extensive knowledge of cloud products and technology
- Knowledge in SQL server
- Knowledge of DevSecOps
- Experience in working in banking / financial services industry, a plus.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices.
Byline Bank offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this position is $100,900 to $125,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Byline Bank offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Byline Bank, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.