at Northern Trust Company in Chicago, Illinois, United States
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Senior Wealth Advisor for the Ultra High Net Worth team acts as a technical expert in complex individual and family client relationships for ultra-high net worth clients ($100 million and above) who desire a sophisticated, multi-disciplinary wealth plan. This role will partner with the Regional Wealth Advisors in the Central Region and are resources responsible for working with local teams in the development of a comprehensive personal and financial wealth profile, ascertaining wealth related goals, and the design of the wealth plan, with an emphasis on wealth plan solutions and modeling. The Senior Wealth Advisor is knowledgeable in the full capabilities of Northern Trust and collaborates with the Regional Wealth Advisor, the client's professional advisors and other Northern professionals in the delivery of integrated wealth management services.
- Development of a comprehensive personal and financial wealth profile on the client and the client's family including identification of wealth related life goals in collaboration with the Lead Relationship Manager and Wealth Advisor.
- Design, in collaboration with the Regional Wealth Advisor, client's professional advisors and other Northern Trust partners, a wealth plan integrating wealth management, wealth transfer and tax efficiency goals.
- Work in close collaboration with the local teams, including the Portfolio Manager, Trust Advisor, Banker, and other Northern Trust professionals in supporting the implementation of the client's wealth plan.
- Provide periodic review and revision of client's wealth plan upon request in event of material changes of client circumstances.
- Active assistance in the sales process and identification of opportunities to expand client relationships through the introduction of new products and services.
- Serve as a mentor to Wealth Advisors and Wealth Advisor Associates.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Northern Trust wealth planning resources, solutions and products.
- Actively engage in cultivation of professional advisor relationships, including attendance at and participation in professional conferences and professional advisor networks.
- Expert knowledge of wealth transfer planning, taxation, estate planning solutions, and wealth management products and services usually acquired through extensive work related experience with ultra-high net worth clients (clients with net worth of $100 million and above) in financial services, law or consulting. Ideally has a knowledge of wealth management services, products and solutions. Broad based technical and analytical skills in wealth planning, wealth transfer, tax, philanthropy, fiduciary practice, asset location and preservation and related disciplines. Strong interpersonal skills and proactive consultative orientation.
- Minimum of 7 years or more of wealth planning experience working with high net worth individuals and families in a comprehensive...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity