at Charles River Laboratories in Skokie, Illinois, United States
Business Development Director – Agrochemical Testing (REMOTE)
Req ID #: 217314
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887Malvern, PA, US, 19355Ashland, OH, US, 44805South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080Houston, TX, US, 77047Poolesville, MD, US, 20837Baltimore, MD, US, 21224Framingham, MA, US, 01701Concord, NC, US, 28027Cambridge, MA, US, 02139Boston, MA, US, 02115Carlsbad, CA, US, 92010Willimantic, CT, US, 06226Horsham, PA, US, 19044O’Fallon, MO, US, 63366Bethesda, MD, US, 20892San Diego, CA, US, 92121South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080Newark, DE, US, 19711Thousand Oaks, CA, US, 91320Boston, MA, US, 02142Northridge, CA, US, 91325Hamden, CT, US, 06518Bethesda, MD, US, 20892South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080Billerica, MA, US, 01821Gaithersburg, MD, US, 20878Hollister, CA, US, 95023Fort Pierce, FL, US, 34982Bothell, WA, US, 98021Boston, MA, US, 02116San Diego, CA, US, 92121Bethesda, MD, US, 20892San Diego, CA, US, 92121San Diego, CA, US, 92121New Haven, CT, US, 06519-6052Mattawan, MI, US, 49071South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080Wayne, PA, US, 19087Cleveland, OH, US, 44128Shrewsbury, MA, US, 01545Roanoke, IL, US, 61561Groton, CT, US, 06340San Francisco, CA, US, 94158Cambridge, MA, US, 02139San Diego, CA, US, 92109USSan Diego, CA, US, 92121Boston, MA, US, 02210San Diego, CA, US, 92121South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080Niksayuna, NY, US, 12309Rockville, MD, US, 20850South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080Skokie, IL, US, 60077Memphis, TN, US, 38104Cambridge, MA, US, 02139San Diego, CA, US, 92121Labelle, FL, US, 33935Brisbane, CA, US, 94005South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080St. Louis, MO, US, 63110Boston, MA, US, 02199San Diego, CA, US, 92121Irvine, CA, US, 92612Pittsburgh, PA, US, 15213Hartford, CT, US, 06106Bethesda, MD, US, 20892Frederick, MD, US, 21701Cape Canaveral, FL, US, 32920South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080Raleigh, NC, US, 27610Durham, NC, US, 27703South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080RTP, NC, US, 27709-2016Warsaw, PL, 00-124Cambridge, MA, US, 02138San Diego, CA, US, 92121Catskill, NY, US, 12414Boston, MA, US, 02215Benson, IL, US, 61561Benson, IL, US, 61516Detroit, MI, US, 48201Preston, CT, US, 06365St. Petersburg, FL, US, 33701Chicago, IL, US, 60654Secor, IL, US, 61771Boston, MA, US, 02115Memphis, TN, US, 38118Charleston, SC, US, 29407S. SanFrancisco, CA, US, 94080South San Francisco, CA, US, 94080Thousand Oaks, CA, US, 91320
For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Business Development Director for our Safety Assessment business line under Agrochemical. The Business Development Director (BDD) reports directly to the Director of Safety Assessment Sales and is responsible for planning, directing and executing a geographic, territory-based field sales strategy. The BDD will be accountable for delivering profitable sales growth for their individual territory by targeting and visiting clients face to face to build strong commercial relationships and customer loyalty.
The successful candidate will be a self-starting; results focused individual with a demonstrable record of sustained sales results achieved by building strong client relationships and loyalty. Drives growth by developing clear long and short term account plans targeting profitable opportunities.
The following are the responsibilities related to the Business Development Director position:
- Responsible for building profitable annual sales growth and achieving agreed annual sales targets for the portfolio of Safety Assessment Services within a defined sales territory and/or strategic account portfolio assignment.
- Builds and executes annual territory sales growth plan. Formally updates quarterly.
- Targets client growth opportunities in the biopharmaceutical Crops & Chemicals sector
- Navigates and networks complex decision-making units in large accounts to identify key decision makers, build relevant relationships/client loyalty and grow CRL market share and sales volume across the safety assessment services portfolio
- Builds detailed account plans for coordinated management and reporting of client opportunities
- Liaises with client services to execute effective and efficient commercial transaction processes including proposals, pricing and contracting
- Utilizes CRM system effectively and efficiently to provide real-time communication of client activities and opportunity management
- Represents CRL safety assessment services at key relevant scientific conferences
- Pro-actively provides market and competitor feedback through formal marketing intelligence reporting system
- Field based position requiring frequent travel. Approx. 60% of working time in field visiting clients at their R&D sites, hosting client visits to CRL sites and attending key relevant industry conferences
The following are the qualifications related to the Business Development Director position:
- Minimum of undergraduate BS/BA degree in life science or business related subject.
- A higher degree such as MSc. or MBA preferable
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- At least 2 years direct field sales experience in the CRO sector
- Demonstrable account planning and management skills
- Evidence of sustained multiple year sales growth performance
- Direct experience using CRM for client management and activity reporting
- In depth knowledge and experience of drug development cycle
The pay range for this position is $80K – $115K USD. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location."
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles Ri