at Illinois Department of Children & Family Services in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Deerfield, IL, US, 60015Job Requisition ID: 26728
DCFS is deeply committed to the welfare and protection of children. Our goal is to protect children by strengthening and supporting families. In every effort, from receiving hotline calls to reaching family reunification or foster care and adoption, children and families are our focus.
Agency : Department of Children and Family Services
Closing Date/Time: 06/14/2023
Salary: $4,982.00-$7,369.00-Anticipated Starting Salary: $4,982.00/Month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 2
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking an organized, professional, and results oriented individual to serve as Intact Services Specialist. Under general supervision, this position will provide experienced, short term, intense child welfare casework services to intact families in high risk categories. The position will review and evaluate safety and risk factors impacting child safety so that children may remain at home, avoiding separation and/or placement. This position provides a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about children and interested in playing a role in ensuring the safety and stability of children and youth. DCFS offers a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits, and a pension program. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills and strong communication skills. We invite you to join our innovative team to help make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families of Illinois.Minimum Qualifications
1. Preferably requires a master’s degree in social work.
2. Requires a master’s degree in a related human service field, supplemented by one year of directly related professional casework/case management experience.
3. Requires a bachelor’s degree in social work and one year of directly related professional casework/case management experience.
4. Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related human service field and two years of directly related professional casework/case management experience.
The college or university issuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree must be accredited, and the degree program in social work must be approved by the Council on Social Work Education. The directly related professional casework/case management experience must be related to family preservation, family reunification, adoption, youth development, counseling, and advocacy services or a related field.
This class is included as an Upward Mobility Program credential title.Conditions of Employment
- Requires possession of a valid driver's license, daily access to an automobile, and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Requires ability to pass a background check.
- Requires physical, visual and auditory ability to carry out assigned duties.
Work Hours: M-F 8:30 am- 5:00pm
Work Location: 1755 Lake Cook Rd Deerfield, IL 60015-5215
Name: Brandi Lake
Email: Brandi.Lake@illinois.gov (Questions only)
Phone #: 312-814-1222