at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Automotive & Industrial Group
Who we are:
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. With more than 5,500 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation.
A&M's Automotive and Industrial Group (AIG) provides management consulting services to help companies improve performance and grow stronger. We partner with our clients to identify opportunity, enhance efficiency, and maintain competitive advantage in the areas of corporate strategy, revenue enhancement, information technology, finance, human resources, supply chain management, operations, product development, customer relationships, merger integration and outsourcing advisory. Unlike traditional advisory firms, Alvarez & Marsal is privately held with leadership drawn from the executive ranks of both consultancies and corporations. We provide strategy and hands-on implementation with a bias towards action and results. Working within our clients' operations, we create positive change efficiently and economically, without disruption to business processes and functions.
AIG engagements range from holistic cross-functional transformations, functional performance improvement, interim management and M&A assistance with a clear focus on quickly identifying high impact opportunities for EBITDA expansion, balance sheet improvements, and increasing shareholder/company value.
What we are seeking:
AIG is targeting high growth in the next 2-4 years. The ideal candidate background is one that possesses functional knowledge/exposure in the automotive and/or industrial sectors with a background in overall operations, supply chain, or product development. We seek to assemble a team with creativity, intellectual curiosity and a wide range of passions and backgrounds. The AIG leadership team is focused on providing career development, training, and exposure to different aspects of the client operations.
What Will You Be Doing?
Our consultants serve as an integral part of our project teams, routinely exposed to clients and firm leadership, helping our clients solve complex problems from day one of their first projects. The ideal candidate is adaptable to new assignments, systems and tools, can handle multiple tasks concurrently, able to meet deadlines under pressure and has a strong sense of humor.
Consultants frequently lead the following types of engagements and will conduct analysis as well as lead teams to deliver results. Hands-on experience in at least several of the following areas is required:
- Product Development and Product Engineering
- Distribution & Logistics, Network Modeling
- Manufacturing and Contract Manufacturing
- Business Unit and Operational Transformation
- Direct & Indirect Procurement
- SG&A Cost Reduction
- M&A: Divestitures/Carve-Outs and Integration
- Information Technology and Digital Improvements
- Working with team members through a time-sensitive project by structuring a work plan and managing the process through to completion
- Synthesizing meaningful insights from data, opinions, or facts. Superior analytical skills highly preferred
- Developing findings and making strategic recommendations
- Working with clients directly to implement strategic and operational recommendations
- Client and stakeholder relationship building
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity