at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Associate/ Senior Associate, Compensation & Benefits Tax (Executive Compensation)
Alvarez & Marsal ("A&M") is currently seeking an experienced Associate or Senior Associate to join our Compensation & Benefits Tax consulting practice. Associates and Senior Associates work with a team of professionals to advise boards of directors and the C-suite of companies of all sizes on various compensation matters.
- Benchmark compensation and develop reports to support the compensation recommendations for C-suite executives and Board of Directors
- Design long-term incentive awards while considering the tax, accounting, and other regulatory ramifications
- Work on mergers and acquisitions, including performing complex calculations for target companies and their executives
- Research emerging issues and areas, such as tax reform legislation and new SEC requirements, in order to keep our clients up to date on the ever-changing regulatory environment
- Prepare tax calculations and various analyses/models to help clients make better-informed compensation decisions and comply with the applicable rules and regulations
- Draft technical memorandums and letters related to compensation & benefits issues
- Assist with marketing initiatives by writing articles, preparing pitch decks, researching targets, and developing presentations
- Team with other colleagues and participate in client meetings
Who will you be working with?
We are not a typical tax firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial, action oriented and results oriented tax professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients' problems and helping them reach their potential. We are nimble, resourceful, and proactive but adapt quickly when changes are needed. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on your achievements, not your tenure.
How will you grow and be supported?
As a demonstration of A&M's strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional development. Click here to learn more about benefits at A&M and our commitment to your well being . A&M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you and your team will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Learn more about why A&M is a great place to work.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced Degree preferred:
- Master of Science in Accounting, Taxation or Finance
- JD/LL.M. or CPA
- MBA in Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management or Management also considered
- 2+ years of compensation and benefits consulting experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex information
- Strong analytical skills
- High proficiency in spreadsheets
- Ability to simultaneously work on several projects and effectively manage deadlines
- High motivation to learn and grow
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity