at Joliet Junior College in Joliet, Illinois, United States
Position Title:Kid's College Intern, Corporate & Community Services
Job Description:Position Title: Kid's College Intern, Corporate & Community Services
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Corporate & Community Services
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
REPORTS TO: Community Education Coordinator, Corporate & Community Services
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $15
(Position is FWS Eligible)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with Lifelong Learning summer programming, specifically Kids College Camps.
2. Facilitate and lead the lessons/activities for Black Rocket Kids College camps during the weeks of June 26-29 and July 17-20.
3. Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of participants
4. Assist with promotion and coordination of programs and events.
5. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High School Graduate
2. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other members of the college and community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional intelligence.
1. Education student, and/or interested in a career in teaching
2. English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
3. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
Normal Office conditions and indoor/outdoor athletic court/field conditions
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
15 hours a week. 28 hours a week during June 26-29 and July 17-20.
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):
Joliet Junior College is committed to maintaining an environment that is safe and free from discrimination, harassment, and misconduct on the basis of sex, which includes sexual orientation or gender-related identity. The College prohibits sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, stalking, and relationship/dating violence has put measures in place to ensure a safe and healthy educational and employment environment, and meet legal requirements in accordance with: Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in the College's programs or activities; relevant sections of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex or sexual orientation, including gender-related identity; and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), which requires timely warning to the community of certain immediate threats.